Associate Director of Development, Athletics
University of Missouri, St. LouisSt. Louis, MO, USA
Basic Function and Responsibility:
The Associate Director of Development, Athletics, is responsible for managing a portfolio of prospects and soliciting annual, major, and capital gifts in support of the Department of Athletics, with additional fundraising responsibilities for Student Affairs. Responsibilities include the execution of short- and long-term strategies to secure gifts in support of the university’s funding priorities. Additionally, this person develops and manages relationships with key volunteers, ensuring a pipeline of active alumni and donors.
- Qualify, develop, and manage a portfolio of donors.
- Identify and communicate funding priorities for Athletics and Student Affairs in consultation with senior advancement leaders, the Director of Athletics, and other unit leaders.
- Prepare and execute an annual development plan for securing annual, major, and capital gifts, with monthly activity and progress goals.
- With the Director of Annual Giving, identify segments for annual appeal solicitation.
- Identify and utilize volunteers, faculty, staff, publications and other resources to identify linkage, ability, and interest of major gift prospects.
- Represent the entire range of University needs and funding priorities to major gift prospects as appropriate.
- Keep current on programs and faculty/research/student initiatives at the university.
- This position requires some travel and a willingness to work weekends and evenings as necessary.
- Coordinate with donor relations staff to ensure high level of stewardship is offered.
- Attend key events as necessary to steward donor relationships.
- Assist with other development projects as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least 3 years of experience successfully leading annual or major gifts fund raising efforts. Experience in college athletics fundraising preferred.
- Commitment to following NCAA rules.
- Demonstrated success of soliciting individuals.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with internal and external constituencies.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Effective communication skills including ability to write and speak persuasively about the institution.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Ability to work independently while also working as a member of the University Advancement team.
Application Deadline August 24, 2019
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions about how applicants apply, please call (314) 516-5805, or if you are experiencing technical problems, please email mailto:[email protected].
The University of Missouri, St. Louis offers benefit-eligible employees a wide variety of benefits including; health, dental and vision coverage effective on the first day of employment, vacation & sick time accrual, four personal days per year, tuition assistance for employees and their dependents, pension and employee & dependent life insurance. For more information about our benefit, please visit http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits.
UMSL is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
To apply for this job please visit www.umsl.edu.
- Next s