Senior Associate Director of Development, College of Business
University of Missouri St. LouisSaint Louis, MO
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Working closely with the Senior Director of Development and senior administration, the person in this position will be responsible for planning, developing and executing strategies for obtaining private donations in support of the University. This individual will manage a personal portfolio of annual, major, and campaign prospects, cultivating relationships and securing support from donors to the College of Business Administration.
- Qualify, develop, and manage a portfolio of annual, major, and campaign prospects.
- Work in consultation with senior development team, dean, associate deans, and department chairs to identify and communicate funding priorities for the college.
- Implement an annual development plan for securing annual (in conjunction with Annual Giving team), major and planned gifts, with monthly activity and progress goals.
- Partner with dean, associate deans, and department chairs in support of engaging with multiple Advisory Boards.
- Identify and utilize volunteers, faculty, staff, publications and other resources to identify linkage, ability, and interest of major gift prospects.
- Attend college and campus-wide events as necessary to steward donor relationships.
- Work with donor relations team to ensure that donors and prospective donors are cultivated and solicited in an appropriate and deliberate manner.
- Represent the entire range of University needs and funding priorities to major gift prospects as appropriate.
- This position requires some minimal travel and a willingness to work weekends and evenings as necessary.
- Assist with other development projects as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Five to seven years of fundraising experience required, preferably in higher education.
- Demonstrated success closing major gift funding, including face-to-face solicitation of gifts.
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with internal and external constituencies.
- Ability to build and maintain positive constituent and colleague relationships through constructive communication skills and professionalism.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Effective communication skills including ability to write and speak persuasively about the institution.
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently while also working as a member of the University Advancement team.
About the College of Business Administration:
UMSL’s College of Business Administration is a leading driver of the corporate workforce for the region. World-class faculty, eight advisory boards, and career and internship programs ensure our students enter the workforce prepared to succeed. Nearly 100% of our graduates have a job in their chosen field at graduation. Our cutting-edge curriculum includes accounting, cybersecurity, finance and legal studies, global leadership and management, information systems and technology, international business, marketing/digital media, and supply chain and analytics. Many of our academic programs have earned national and international acclaim and the college maintains dual accreditation in business and accounting from AACSB, a distinction achieved by fewer than 2% of the 13,000 business schools around the world.
UMSL is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2Apply.net.
- Next s