Manager, Annual Giving & Donor Engagement
University of MontevalloMontevallo, AL
The purpose of this position is to oversee all functions of the Annual Fund Campaign which includes building strong personal and professional relationships with alumni and friends of the University that result in philanthropic contributions.
- Responsible for the supervision of the of the Student Call Center, Annual Fund solicitation, alumni participation, Senior Day activities, donor recognition, and continued stewardship of donors.
- Integrate best practices to create and successfully execute fundraising, direct mail, and stewardship efforts.
- Collaborate with colleagues with the Office of Advancement and Alumni Affairs and engage key volunteers and leaders across the UM campus.
- Responsible for engaging graduating students to become alumni donors through activities such as Senior Day.
- Responsible for Faculty/Staff participation and Alumni participation.6. Match donor interests with institutional priorities and develop funding proposals and negotiate and structure complex gifts to the University.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the University’s campaign priorities, signature programs, key faculty, and notable alumni.
- Ensure the timely capture and recording of data relating to cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activity.
- Facilitate the involvement of campus departments/divisions and students (when necessary) in the stewardship process.
- Provide leadership, evaluate, and supervise direct reports in performing duties as charged.
- Keep current with Advancement best business practices and technology.
- Create and implement annual fund campaigns that continuously increase individual participation and dollars raised.
- Make in-person solicitations for gifts of $250 – $1,000 to ensure ongoing growth in the annual fund pipeline and future growth for major gifts.
Bachelor’s Degree. Three years of related experience, preferably with annual fund program. Experience fundraising in higher education preferred.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.montevallo.edu.