Director of Development, Planned Giving
University of New Mexico FoundationAlbuquerque, NM
Join a creative and collaborative team of development professionals working to advance the mission of the University of New Mexico. The University of New Mexico Foundation seeks applications for the position of Director of Development, Planned Giving. This is a 32 hour a week position with full benefits. The Director reports to the Associate Vice President of Planned Giving and will work closely with foundation and university leadership, unit-based Development Directors, faculty, staff, volunteers and others to identify prospects, cultivate relationships, develop strategies leading to solicitation, and steward planned gift donors.
The UNM Foundation’s mission is to create powerful engagements and partnerships that lead to increased philanthropy, investment, innovation and support for The University of New Mexico. The Foundation embraces the core values of Integrity, Collaboration, Stewardship and Accountability.
- Personally and collaboratively identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major and planned giving donors and prospects through visits and other forms of direct personal contact in accordance with performance targets set by the UNM Foundation.
- Ability to evaluate various gift opportunities and giving vehicles and recommend the most suitable for a particular prospect.
- Provide technical gift planning expertise to colleagues, prospects, and donors, including the preparation of planned gift illustrations.
- Contributes to department goals by supporting the implementation of an annual planned giving work plan, including proactive lead generation to create a strong future “pipeline” of planned gift prospects; trainings; stewardship of existing legacy society members; marketing efforts; and strengthening relationships with the advisor community.
- Effectively utilizes the prospect management database and other institutional resources to ensure proper management of donors, prospects, alumni and volunteers in coordination with overall objectives.
- Support departmental efforts as assigned, such as database maintenance, counting standards, gift acceptance policies, policies and procedures, etc.
- Creates and maintains effective working relationships with all UNM Foundation departments and colleagues to advance our mission and maximize total gift revenue.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Travel as appropriate to meet with prospects and donors.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Five (5) or more years related experience in planned gift fundraising.
- Experience in higher education or other non-profit organization.
- Proven ability to close large private gifts.
- 40% travel required.
Must be able to drive personal vehicle for University and Foundation business (mileage reimbursed) and hold a valid driver’s license with current insurance, and a clean driving record. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of criminal, driving record, and employment background screening. Some positions may also require credit background screening as well.
The UNM Foundation is an EEO employer.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.