Major Gifts Officer
University of North Carolina School of the ArtsWinston-Salem, NC
Description of Work:
- Manage a portfolio of 100-150 prospects and donors;
- Manage prospect activity in designated regions across the state and country in which UNCSA is focusing on developing donor/alumni relations;
- Engage prospects in all aspects of the gift cycle4:
- Initiate contacts with prospects, major gift donors and lapsed donors;
- Qualify prospects to assess interest;
- Cultivate and move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation;
- Make solicitations with appropriate leadership and/or volunteers on a case-by-case basis;
- Successfully close and secure gifts;
- Develop and maintain stewardship contacts with donors;
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards:
- demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance, reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors;
- Enter contact reports in Raiser’s Edge promptly;
- Work collaboratively with advancement staff, faculty and leadership across campus, sharing prospect strategy with advancement staff;
- Focus on securing support for campus-wide priorities sanctioned by the Chancellor, that include academic and artistic programs such as endowed chairs, scholarships, unrestricted support, facility renovations, new facilities, campus improvements and/or other areas as directed. Provide counsel to Senior Major Gifts Officer and Advancement staff regarding cultivation and stewardship program in the Major Gifts Officer’s designated regions.
Bachelor’s Degree, and a minimum of three years of progressive fundraising or related experience, in a related organization such as education or the arts preferred, with a proven track record in soliciting and securing major gifts. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is an EHRA position. PLEASE NOTE: A criminal background check will be conducted on candidate finalist prior to the offer of employment. Resumes WILL NOT be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be competed in full detail (including work history) for your qualifications to be considered. Failure to complete the application process as required by state regulations WILL result in your application being rejected for the vacancy and you will not be considered for the position. Other materials may be requested at a later time. Applications will be treated confidentially until the final stages of the search process. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job please visit employment.uncsa.edu.