Director Corporate Relations and Major Gifts
University of North FloridaJacksonville, FL
The Director of Corporate Relations and Major Gifts will help secure corporate philanthropic giving and major gifts across the UNF campus. S/he will manage a portfolio of existing relationships with corporate constituents and major donors, identify new corporate prospects, develop and implement successful cultivation and solicitation strategies for corporate and major donors. The Director will actively collaborate with Development staff, Deans, Faculty, and other UNF colleagues to design and implement strategic and operational plans to build and manage corporate philanthropic relationships. S/he will make personal visits to corporate prospects and major donors as well as coordinate related visits by other UNF representatives.
- Develop and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies for corporate prospects and major donors, provide effective coordination of activities such as campus visits, site visits, travel to relevant sites, presentations and proposals.
- Manage a portfolio of about 100 corporate and foundation donors and major 100K+ gift prospects.
- Work with Development staff, UNF leadership, Deans, and faculty to communicate and engage with the corporate partners around fundraising priorities and academic initiatives.
- Personal visits with corporate executives and major donors.
- Work with the Executive Director of the Foundation and UNF staff to promote visibility of UNF within the corporate community.
- Develop prospects who have the capacity to make philanthropic gifts at the major gift level.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to track, prioritize, and balance an assortment of ongoing responsibilities and competing deadlines.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- During declared campus emergencies, this position may be required to perform specific job related duties at a designated off campus location or place of residence.
A Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in a directly related area of specialization and six years of experience directly related to the job functions; or a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in a directly related area of specialization and eight years of experience directly related to the job functions.
The University of North Florida (UNF) is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. The University of North Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not commit or permit discrimination or harassment on the basis of genetic information, race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or veteran status in any educational, employment, social, recreational program or activity that it offers. In addition, UNF will not commit or permit retaliation against an individual who complains of discrimination or harassment or an individual who cooperates in an investigation of an alleged violation of University Regulation.
To apply for this job please visit www.unfjobs.org.