Director of Annual Giving
University of RedlandsRedlands, CA
The University of Redlands seeks a collaborative individual as its next Director of Annual Giving. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Advancement, the Director of Annual Giving will build upon a robust and successful annual giving program, advance the annual fundraising outreach efforts of the University and will help to ensure the University maintains a balanced budget by planning and managing current-use and program support fundraising activities.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops a working knowledge of University of Redlands in general and funding priorities specifically to articulate a compelling case for support to all
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of a comprehensive market-driven fundraising program for all university constituents (alumni, parents, friends, faculty, staff & students) to support the university’s mission and build a pipeline of support to improve participation, dollars raised, and donor engagement among each population.
- Prepares and executes a detailed comprehensive operating plan using benchmarked and behavioral analytics to help formulate goals and
- Develops calendar each fiscal year utilizing an integrated multi-channel marketing approach (direct mail, email, phone, social, digital, Giving Day, crowdfunding, ) to increase and retain donors while
- developing a best-in-class program to achieve growing results year over year.
- Devises new and creative segmentation strategies targeting select donor populations for support of the university including increased giving and donor retention
- Maintains the Annual Giving budget and vendor contracts to maximize efficiencies and ensure projects are on time and on budget.
- Supervises the Annual Giving staff (one Associate Director and the Annual Giving Specialist).
- Manages a portfolio of leadership annual giving prospects, ($1,000 or greater), with 4-6 visits per month.
- Oversees the President’s Circle Leadership Committee leading volunteer efforts.
- Develops comprehensive plan for increased matching and recurring gifts.
- Work closely with the Manager of Advancement Services to develop reports for timely and ongoing progress toward established goals.
- Provides support to capital campaign initiatives through the qualification of campaign prospects. It is a principal goal of the Annual Giving program to identify major gift prospects and to begin to introduce major and planned giving concepts
- Prepares weekly/monthly annual giving progress reports for the Associate Vice President and Vice President as they relate to program goals and
- Measures the effectiveness of solicitations to determine ROI of individual
- Works with Director of Donor Relations regarding acknowledgement and all activities of annual giving donors.
- Expands the President’s Circle Leadership societies with recognition at events and stewardships.
- Coordinates activities with Advancement Services, which provides all data and analytics support.
- Supports Alumni and Community Relations as staff liaison to one or two reunion classes.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, supplemented with five (5) years of progressively responsible management or supervisory experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Successful candidate will demonstrate superb communication skills, both verbally and in writing; must have strong interpersonal, management skills; be imaginative, innovative, display a sense of humor, have the ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, be well organized; must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- A willingness to work evenings, weekends, and travel is required.
- A current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be presented prior to offer of employment.
- Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and reasonable accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
To Apply: Please submit a resume/CV and cover letter with the application.
Submission of a Resume or Application indicates agreement that the University may verify any and all information contained therein. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. An equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.redlands.edu.