Director, Annual Giving
University of South AlabamaMobile, AL
- Reporting to the Vice President for Development & Alumni Relations, the Director for Annual Giving is responsible for planning and leading annual giving fundraising efforts across the University and USA Health and managing an annual fund budget. The position provides direction and coordination in designing and implementing annual giving initiatives whose purpose is to build a long-term base of support for the University and USA Health and a pipeline of major and principal donors for the future. This important work will focus on engaging alumni, faculty and staff, friends of USA, parents, students, and grateful patients to foster a culture of philanthropy throughout the University community. The position will utilize multi-channel marketing and outreach to acquire, re-activate, retain, and upgrade annual donors with a focus of growing our base of support, boosting retention rates, and growing the pipeline of major donors.
- The Director is responsible for analyzing results of data trends to drive strategic planning of annual giving fundraising efforts. The Director will work closely with the Associate Vice President of University Development, the Associate Vice President of Medical Affairs Development, the Executive Director of Alumni Relations, and the Associate Director, Medical Alumni Relations to develop and coordinate effective strategies across all areas. The Director will also collaborate internally within the Division of Development with the Advancement Information & Analytics team as well as the Director of Strategic Initiatives and the Director of Development Marketing and Communications. The Director will also develop strong collaborations across various colleges, schools, and USA Health units to deploy resources in innovative results-oriented ways that grow USA/USA Health’s annual support and engage alumni and friends of USA/USA Health.
- The Director will serve as the lead annual giving officer, working with the Associate Director of Annual Giving Initiatives, and the team of development officers throughout the Division and the Grateful Patient Associate Director. Annual giving initiatives will include but not be limited to the Employee Annual Giving Program, the Grateful Patient Program, Alumni Annual Giving Initiatives, both for the National Alumni Association and the Medical Alumni Association, Day of Giving initiatives, crowdfunding initiatives, community based annual giving initiatives, and the development of a parent giving program, as well as provide oversight for the USA Employee United Way campaign. The Director will manage a portfolio of assigned annual giving prospects to cultivate, solicit and steward for leadership annual gifts and work closely with Development staff to convert prospects to major gift donors.
- The Director will demonstrate leadership in managing day-to-day operations of the annual giving program, create and manage the budget for annual giving initiatives, manage the staff in annual giving and collaborate with senior leadership and staff throughout the division. The Director will also lead and advance effective partnerships across all divisions and units within the University and USA Health to grow the annual giving program. The Director is expected to collaborate with Marketing and Communications as well as the Advancement Information & Analytics team to develop creative and innovative models using predictive analytics to maximize our annual fundraising goals and donor engagement.
- The Director will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be a people builder, collaborator, and strategic planner, who values diversity and inclusiveness, welcomes challenges, solicits innovative input, manages conflict, and displays a dedication to advance the missions of USA and USA Health. The Director will participate in USA and USA Health events and activities to cultivate and engage with annual giving prospects.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution as approved and accepted by the University of South Alabama and five years of related professional experience.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.