Director of Development
University of South FloridaTampa, FL
This position is responsible for strategic implementation of our direct marketing programs, including managing the staff members responsible for implementing all direct marketing strategies and managing the budgets associated with these programs. This role develops and executes a coordinated matrix of communication and solicitation initiatives involving all Direct Marketing Channels (direct mail, email, USF HerdFunder crowdfunding platform, texting, phone, digital, social media and any newly acquired channels for mass marketing), all focused on acquiring and retaining annual donors at the University of South Florida. This includes utilizing all available resources of analysis from data and benchmarking, and engaging strategies specific to each segment and constituency in an integrated plan.
- Responsible for the strategic planning, management and execution of a comprehensive direct marketing program aimed at increasing donor acquisition and retention on an annual basis and building a base of donors to be further cultivated through personal solicitation to build a pipeline of future major gift donors. This includes all efforts through mail, email, USF HerdFunder crowdfunding platform, texting, phone, digital, social media and any newly acquired channels for mass marketing.
- Develop and implement a coordinated matrix of communication and solicitation strategies for individual academic units and university-wide priorities. Work closely with academic units to identify giving priorities within the unit for mass solicitation efforts. Develop specific strategies for acquisition and retention of donors giving $1,000+ annually, consecutive year donors, donors via payroll deduction, young alumni donor acquisition and support of student philanthropy messaging.
- Manage staff member(s) implementing direct marketing programs, ensuring they have the direction and coaching for success not only with their direct responsibilities but with their professional development.
- Manage the crowdfunding platform, HerdFunder, working with IM on technical aspects and serving as the lead on this tool university–wide. This includes developing a robust strategy for supporting projects across all three campuses of USF, use of HerdFunder for special giving initiatives (i.e. USF Giving Week, etc.), coordinating review and approval of applications, ensuring all policies and procedures are followed, working with the Foundation Business Office regarding fund creation when needed, serving as a consultant to groups requesting use of the platform for their fundraising needs and promoting the platform across the university.
- Serve as a member of the Strategy Team for USF Giving Week, ensuring mass marketing efforts are strategic and result in increasing donor counts annually.
- Serve as the point person for the Office of Annual Giving on use of the ThankView platform, ensuring we are using the platform strategically to retain donors.
- Oversee the Faculty & Staff Campaign ensuring that goals are met.
- Coordinate with partners across the Foundation on timing and collaboration of mass communications, ensuring a coordinated schedule of mass communications for stronger results across all programs on all campuses at USF. Ensure entries into the Confluence Calendar are timely and accurate.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience related to development or other appropriate professional experience.
Master’s degree preferred. Five years of experience directly related to development or fundraising, preferably in annual giving, higher-education or other non-profit environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.
The University of South Florida does not discriminate on the basis of sex and prohibits sexual harassment. Any person may report sex discrimination, including sexual harassment (whether or not the person reporting is the person alleged to be the victim of conduct that could constitute sex discrimination or sexual harassment), in person, by mail, by telephone, or by electronic mail, using the contact information listed for the Title IX Coordinator. Reports may be made at any time either online or directly to the University’s Title IX Coordinator.
To apply for this job please visit gems.usf.edu.