Director of Digital Annual Giving
University of Southern CaliforniaLos Angeles, CA
USC Health Sciences Advancement is seeking a Director of Digital Annual Giving. The Director will report to the Senior Director of Medical Annual Giving and is responsible for developing and implementing direct marketing and fundraising strategies for patient and alumni constituencies—with the ultimate goal in growing the philanthropic base of support for the medical system and school. The Director develops fundraising programs deployed through email, websites, social media, e-philanthropy, peer-to-peer, volunteer tools, and other mass communications tools as needed, with the expressed goal of prompting and facilitating charitable giving, as well as increasing awareness and engagement among Keck Medicine’s various stakeholders.
Essential job duties include, but are not limited to:
- In partnership with the Director of Medical Annual Giving and Director of Leadership Annual Giving, contribute to a comprehensive marketing and solicitation plan that integrates strategic data segmentation, timely and effective messaging, and deployment across multiple platforms.
- Manage multiple solicitations from inception to completion. This includes writing content, working with designers and project partners, and managing multiple stakeholders. Pieces produced will include email, video, direct mail, phone, and other channels.
- Work collaboratively with various stakeholders (colleagues, doctors, researchers, volunteer leaders, independent consultants, etc.) to craft language and content that expresses Keck Medicine’s mission through creative, compelling, and informative messaging designed to elicit direct response, whether in the form of giving, registration, or other feedback as needed.
- Ensure all materials conform to Keck Medicine of USC’s standards and practices for visual identity, content, and health care compliance. Materials must also adhere to established standards and agreed upon calendars, deadlines, and Office of Medical Annual Giving fiscal year budgeting.
- Analyze donor data for accuracy and integrity in order to ensure the timely acquisition, retention, reactivation, and upgrading of donors. Ensure that all processes and practices adhere to donor and data integrity policies and protocols.
- Identify ways to leverage analytic data to segment appeals for more personal messaging in solicitations and communications.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis, including year-to-date comparisons while tracking progress to goal. Analyze and report results on a weekly, monthly, and mid-fiscal year basis; recommend adjustments to plans as needed.
- Build Keck Medicine-specific digital fundraising programs for annualized campaigns like Giving Tuesday and the Day of SCupport in partnership with colleagues/offices across the university. Leverage past performance to set goals that reflect momentum and the growth of our evolving digital fundraising program.
- Develop a comprehensive digital fundraising program that leverages volunteer fundraisers to amplify outreach efforts and increase fundraising support for the Keck Medicine enterprise.
- Create volunteer training materials and content so that volunteers can leverage “off the shelf” resources that facilitate their fundraising success for the organization. Respond to volunteer fundraiser questions and requests as they arise, which may happen after normal business hours or during the weekend.
- As needed, respond to inquiries from donors, constituents, colleagues, parents, and friends about giving opportunities to Keck Medicine of USC and Keck School of Medicine of USC.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of related experience. Relevant education or related experience as substitute. Experience in a complex medical or academic development setting encouraged.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience using large data sets to inform marketing and fundraising strategy.
- Exemplary project management and organization skills.
- Sound judgement and decision making.
- A cooperative and team-oriented attitude.
- Diplomacy: ability to cultivate and maintain relationships.
- Experience working with and soliciting donors.
- Experience building and leading a staff giving campaign as well as a large, concentrated multi-channel fundraising programs (i.e. a Day of Giving).
- Experience deploying creative content through online, audio/visual tools, print production, email marketing tools.
- Experience managing volunteers and developing volunteer fundraising programs.
- Experience leading the adoption and implementation of a digital gift-processing system in a complex, academic environment.
- Familiarity with current industry-standard design and production software, including Adobe Creative Suite or other publishing systems, email marketing tools, website content management systems.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Fundraising, campaigns and/or volunteer management
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit usc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.