Assistant Director of Alumni and Parent Travel
University of VirginiaCharlottesville, VA
The University of Virginia seeks an Assistant Director for Alumni and Parent Travel to support the Office of Engagement. The Office of Engagement strengthens the relationship that alumni, parents and friends have with the University of Virginia by creating life-long connections. The Assistant Director of Alumni and Parent Travel reports to the Director of Alumni and Parent Travel in the Office of Engagement. This position will manage and coordinate the registration process for approximately 15 to 20 trips or excursions per year; assists with the trip execution including pre-trip materials and post-trip surveys and stewardship. The Assistant Director will assist Director in the development and marketing efforts for the travel program. The Assistant Director will build relationships with alumni, parents and friends and file contact reports on meaningful interactions. Incumbent will assist the Director with on-going data analysis and reporting requirements for the program. The Assistant Director will establish and maintain relationships with colleagues within Engagement, DPA and University-wide. This position, under the direction of the Director, will provide day to day oversight of the workflow of the work study students.
This position requires the ability to excel at customer service, maintain accurate records, participate in meetings and travel as necessary on trips and excursions. This position requires the ability to work evenings and weekends.
Registration Management: Manage the registration process, ensuring that electronic database is current and up to date.
- Generate lists and reports as needed for program purposes.
- Provide customer service to potential and registered travelers, including providing information and answering questions in order for customer to make an informed buying decision.
- Take appropriate information and follow-up on active registrations.
- Provide project management for all aspects of the registration process, including quality control and process improvement.
Trip Execution: Conduct and manage some activities related to conducting trips.
- Pre-trip: Manage the creation and dissemination of pre-trip documents, mailings and other items as needed with a particular attention to detail and accuracy. Manage the collection of certain information needed for trip execution such as emergency contact information, flight information, deviations, food allergies, biographical sketches and photos and other information as needed.
- Post-trip: Manage the preparation of and dissemination of post-trip surveys and evaluation and conduct analysis and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Manage the stewardship process including follow-up communications, photo website, photo books or other items. Staff trips as determined by the director and serve as a liaison to faculty members, travelers and other trip personnel.
- Assist the director in completion of six month and annual reports.
- File contact reports on significant interactions.
- Assist the director with the creation and dissemination of marketing materials, advertisements, posters, catalogs, and other items and make recommendations for content visualization and assist in proof reading.
- Work with the director as needed to develop trip and excursion itineraries as directed.
- Supervise two to four work study or student workers in administrative and other tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least two years of experience in a position where customer service, marketing, communication is primary.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of tools
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience in travel related field is preferred.
- Experience with the Drupel platform for webpage production.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, University Advancement honors your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, we strive to create and maintain working environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming so we can best achieve our mission of supporting our broadly diverse partners, schools, and networks of engaged alumni, parents, and friends of the University.
UVA Advancement offers a flexible and hybrid workplace. All team members must have access to and maintain a secure home office environment with high-speed internet service and work collaboratively with others using a variety of technologies and tools. Depending on the type of position and work performed, or as deemed by manager, some positions may be required to work intermittently in a shared office space located in Charlottesville, Virginia.
This position will remain open until filled. This is an Exempt level, benefited position. This position is a restricted position and is dependent upon project need, availability of funding and performance. Anticipated Hiring Range: $50,000 – $55,000 commensurate with education and experience. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Ashley Cochran, Senior Recruiter at [email protected]
Please apply through Workday, and search for ” Assistant Director of Alumni and Parent Travel “. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter and CV/resume all into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.