Digital Fundraising Manager
University of WashingtonSeattle, WA
The University of Washington has a great opportunity to join a dynamic team of fundraising professionals responsible for creating innovative strategies that engage and cultivate new generations of philanthropists in support of our mission. The Annual Philanthropy team is seeking a motivated professional for the position of Digital Fundraising Manager to help build and support fundraising strategies that emphasize personalized communications at scale. This position will be part of an integrated partnership with University Marketing & Communication and Alumni & Stakeholder Engagement as well as our unit partners
In conjunction with the Director of Annual Giving, the Digital Fundraising Manager is responsible for researching, planning and executing innovative strategies to encourage and increase fundraising through digital direct response. Responsible for analyzing and identifying opportunities to collaborate across functions such as marketing, technology, fundraising and programs to create engaging experiences for alumni, friends and donors. Responsible for execution of an integrated multi-channel approach across all digital platforms: email, web, social media, texting and digital ads.
The Digital Fundraising manager will report regularly on the success of all digital fundraising efforts and its impacts across University Advancement; consult and support units in their digital fundraising efforts; and, in partnership with the Market Research, Analytics, and insights team, regular and on-going analysis of message themes, subject lines, design, and timing to evaluate effectiveness.
- Designs, creates and implements digital marketing to leverage key digital platforms for the enhancement and growth of donor participation and revenue. Develops and implements roll-out of new digital innovation and engagement strategies on online and mobile channels that acquire, renew and retain members, and increase the number of monthly/sustainer donors.
- Oversee digital fundraising and engagement initiatives to acquire, renew and retain donors that emphasizes audience segmentation and personalization.
- Partner with University Marketing & Communications and Alumni & Stakeholder Engagement to coordinate digital communication activities and schedules.
- Create advanced digital donor journeys to support lead generation among distinct donor segments (e.g. young alumni, leadership giving prospects)
- In partnership with Philanthropic Recognition Programs, create automated communications that support broad based stewardship activities across University Advancement
- Serve as a liaison between the Office of Annual Philanthropy and units to coordinate centralized digital fundraising campaigns.
- Serve as a key member on the Marketo Central Services Governance committee responsible for setting user policy, guidelines, and best practices for digital marketing activities on Marketo.
- Develop digital communication strategy with Direct of Annual Giving in partnership with University Marketing & Communications, Alumni & Stakeholder Engagement and units for annual UW Husky Giving Day.
- Designs measures and reports to demonstrate accomplishments, identify areas for improvement, and track overall performance of digital fundraising activities.
- Provides ongoing response to all questions concerning digital fundraising from internal and external contacts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Effective communications: Expresses oneself clearly and empathetically in interactions with others in all forms of communication, i.e., verbal and written, one-on-one and group, etc.
- Interpersonal Awareness: Builds and maintains positive relationships and actively contributes as a member of working teams to achieve results.
- Professional Credibility: Takes responsibility for meeting goals, objectives, obligations, and solving problems while representing the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Critical Thinking: Obtains, analyzes and evaluates information effectively in the face of ambiguity. Makes appropriate decisions based on relevant information and experience.
- Ethics and Trust: Models and upholds the values of candor, openness, inclusiveness and honesty despite internal and external pressures. Acts consistently with Washington State ethical guidelines and organizational core values and beliefs.
- Valuing Diversity & Inclusiveness: Respects, values and contributes to the UW’s commitment to inclusiveness and diversity.
- Organizational Acumen: Able to size up a situation, balance reason and the interest of others, and act in a decisive, timely and appropriate manner that is congruent with the organization’s values, goals and mission to achieve success.
- Innovation Management: Able to anticipate market trends and be effective in facilitating and managing creative processes to achieve results in self and others.
- Planning & Implementing: Ability to develop strategies, measures for success and feasible timelines for successful project implementation and execution.
- Managing Conflict: Recognizes and addresses conflicts and disagreements in a safe and respectful environment, manages conflicts collaboratively, and builds consensus with the best interests.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience in digital fundraising or related field.
- Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
- Knowledge of and proven ability to develop and implement digital fundraising strategies.
- Ability to analyze and interpret relevant data and use interpretations to improve fundraising efforts across all digital channels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Work within UW brand voice, both in visual representation and editorial style, in order to support the consistency of messaging across campaigns and the organization.
- Demonstrated creativity, organizational ability, and strong attention to detail.
- Propensity for innovation and the pursuit of improvement.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service. Poised, professional manner with the ability to express oneself clearly and empathetically in interactions with others in all forms of communications.
- Proficiency using computers and software such as Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel. Experience using mail merge features. Basic understanding of design programs and elements
- Ability to make decisions in ambiguous situations, exercise good judgment based on information and analysis in a fast pace, dynamic, deadline-driven environment in an organized and professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidences and protect confidential information.
- Values the UW’s commitment to inclusiveness. Demonstrates respect and commitment to diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships and actively contribute as a member of working teams to achieve results
- Knowledge of the integrated advancement model. Knowledge of alumni relations/development/advancement principles.
- Experience with marketing automation software such as Marketo, Convio
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and desktop Publishing
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships and actively contribute as a member of working teams to achieve results.
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve, take initiative, set priorities and handle multiple projects efficiently and effectively.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Workforce Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your “My Jobs” page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit uwhires.admin.washington.edu.