Coordinator of Annual Giving
University of West GeorgiaCarrollton, GA
The Annual Giving Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the development, planning and executing of a sustainable and healthy annual giving program targeted at increasing visibility and financial support for strategic priorities at the University of West Georgia. Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, this position plays a vital support role within University Advancement focused on increasing annual giving revenue, broadening the base of support, and strengthening the major gift pipeline for the UWG Foundation and the UWG Athletic Foundation. The Annual Giving Coordinator reports to the Director of Annual Giving. In collaboration with the Director of Annual Giving, the Coordinator will assist in meeting the annual fund and event-related undraising goals; acknowledging, stewarding and growing annual fund contributions through personal outreach and execution of multichannel solicitations (phonathon, email, social media, crowdfunding, etc.); developing and successfully implementing designated fundraising special events; representing the organization to donors, vendors, and the public; producing various fundraising-related collateral and appeals; and managing volunteers.
- Develop and implement a moves management strategy (assessment, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship) for individuals with capacity to give annually at leadership level ($500+)
- Manage a quarterly portfolio pool of approximately 150 annual giving prospects and/or donors to solicit support for UWG and UWG Athletics and to support the development of a healthy giving pipeline.
- Meet agreed upon fundraising metrics as defined by supervisor, including donor touches, appeal outcomes and dollars raised.
- Collaborate with colleagues within Development and across campus to ensure that fundraising strategies align with University priorities and to support an integrated approach for cultivating, soliciting and stewarding prospects through personal outreach, digital communications and mail campaigns
- Engage in cold calling and phone solicitation to build institutional relationships and receive financial support.
- Participate in and attend UWG events as required. These include but are not limited to Homecoming, Parent & Family Weekends, Athletics and Alumni events.
- Utilize tools in Raiser’s Edge to efficiently plan, execute and track portfolio work.
Bachelor’s Degree and 1 or more years of related professional experience in fundraising, sales,marketing, recruiting, and/or business development.
Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge highly desirable.
Working knowledge of principles and practices in annual giving.
Experience and demonstrated success in soliciting gifts in the $500+ range.
$19.18 minimum – $25.07 midpoint
Conditions of Employment
Please be advised that should you be recommended for a position, the University System of Georgia Board of Regents policy requires the completion of a background check as a prior condition of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the University of West Georgia to follow federal law in regards to affirmative action and equal opportunity. The University of West Georgia.s affirmative action program and related policies are developed in compliance with Executive Orders 11246 and 11375, as amended; Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Sections 503 & 504) and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (Title II) and their implementing regulations; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as it amends 38 U.S.C. 4212.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu.