Director of Annual Giving
University of West GeorgiaCarrollton, GA
The Director of Annual Giving is responsible for the leading, managing, and executing a sustainable and healthy annual giving program targeted at increasing visibility and financial support for strategic priorities at the University of West Georgia. Reporting to the Executive Director of Development, the Director of Annual Giving plays a vital role within University Advancement focused on increasing annual giving revenue, broadening the base of support, and strengthening the major gift pipeline for the UWG Foundation and the UWG Athletic Foundation. This position is responsible for oversight of the Annual Giving Coordinator, Graduate Assistant, as well as Student Engagement Officers.
In collaboration with the Executive Director of Development, responsibilities include meeting the annual fund and event-related fundraising goals; acknowledging, stewarding and growing annual fund contributions through personal outreach and execution of multichannel solicitations (Phonathon, email, social media, crowdfunding, etc.); developing and successfully implementing designated fundraising special events; representing the organization to donors, vendors, and the public; producing various fundraising-related collateral and appeals; and managing volunteers.
- Design and manage an integrated multi-channel marketing strategy of outbound programs (direct mail, Phonathon, email) and inbound programs (website, giving forms, crowdfunding) that engage donors and strengthen the major gift pipeline by increasing the number of annual donors giving at or above key thresholds.
- Develop a long-term roadmap for achieving annual giving performance goals, while also implementing the short-term strategies that address immediate needs.
- Enhance use of digital marketing, analytics, and targeting, improve segmentation and messaging to increase donor acquisition, improve donor retention and to create a more personalized experience for donors.
- Serve as the Leadership Annual Gifts Officer, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding gifts from individuals by maintaining frequent contact with assigned portfolio annual donors, as well as develop new relationships with prospects.
- Collaborate with Donor Relations to oversee special annual gift stewardship projects including: stewardship letters, invitations to special events, personal calls to donors, etc.
- Manage volunteer steering team associated with the historic A Day annual fundraising drive and other annualized fundraising initiatives.
- Assist in the creation of content and collateral for the Development department, including but not limited to appeals, newsletters, social media, webpages and invitations.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Development, Marketing, Business Development, Sales and/or Recruiting experience. Demonstrated success in digital marketing, individual giving, alumni giving, and special events fundraising and management is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge highly desirable.
- Master’s Degree
- Familiarity with best practices in annual giving at educational institutions.
- Experience and demonstrated success in soliciting gifts in the $1000+ range.
$58,548 minimum – $83,856 midpoint
Conditions of Employment
Please be advised that should you be recommended for a position, the University System of Georgia Board of Regents policy requires the completion of a background check as a prior condition of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the University of West Georgia to follow federal law in regards to affirmative action and equal opportunity. The University of West Georgia.s affirmative action program and related policies are developed in compliance with Executive Orders 11246 and 11375, as amended; Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Sections 503 & 504) and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (Title II) and their implementing regulations; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as it amends 38 U.S.C. 4212.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu.