Donor Database Manager
Valencia CollegeOrlando, FL
Valencia College is now hiring a Donor Database Manager to join the Alumni Relations team. In this role, the Donor Database Manager manages and maintains the foundation’s donor database, The Raiser’s Edge (RE). Enters all gifts and alumni data into the database, performs data analysis, and develops sounds policies and procedures for gift and constituent management to ensure data integrity and security. Oversees timely generation of acknowledgements letters and tax receipts for all donations. Assists in providing data-driven fundraising analytics and supports the workflow of donor stewardship and development. The ideal candidate will have experience with data analytics, reporting and data base support within a non-profit organization.
Join one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you’ll find fulfillment.
General Position Description:
Manages and maintains the foundation’s donor database, The Raiser’s Edge (RE). Enters all gifts and alumni data into the database, performs data analysis, and develops sounds policies and procedures for gift and constituent management to ensure data integrity and security. Oversees timely generation of acknowledgements letters and tax receipts for all donations. Assists in providing data-driven fundraising analytics and supports the workflow of donor stewardship and development.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serves as the database administrator to assure accurate reporting and record management in The Raiser’s Edge NXT (RE). Serves as the organization’s “resident expert” on RE and all data contained within the database.
- Responsible for the accurate entry of all gifts and pledges; tracks and follows up on documentation of gifts; prepares acknowledgement letters and tax receipts; imports online gifts from Online Express and processes recurring gift entries. Runs weekly gift reports to ensure that all gifts are recorded properly. Supports the workflow of donor stewardship and development.
- Maintains the overall integrity, quality and security of The Raiser’s Edge database, including routine data improvements, data auditing and systems checks. Conducts ongoing data clean up, including identifying and merging records. Performs quarterly NCOA (National Change of Address) updates.
- Imports and exports data from and to various sources, including manual entry.
- Develops and maintains queries and reports for direct appeals, emails, campaigns, publications, events, donor rolls, grant opportunities, etc. Works with alumni relations and finance on the foundation’s annual VSE and CASE Alumni Metric Survey reporting.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive policies and procedures for gift and constituent management within the database to ensure the accuracy, quality and security of all donor information, preserve data integrity, and support the end-user experience.
- Serves as the foundation’s liaison to Blackbaud, LexisNexis, iWave, the foundation’s retained database consultant and other outside vendors. Serves as the point of contact for the college’s Network and Information Security Services, Organizational Development and Human Resources, Institutional Research and other college departments concerning data and The Raiser’s Edge.
- Manages data integration between various applications (PeopleGrove, Scholarship Universe, ThankView, Omatic, iWave, etc.) and foundation’s primary database RE. Supports the garnering and integration of data as needed.
- Assists immediate supervisor in producing data-driven fundraising analyses for the foundation’s senior leadership team.
- Stays current on best practices for advancement services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Business, Information Technology, Data Administration, Non-profit Management or related discipline from a regionally accredited institution. (In lieu of a degree, equivalent combination of education and directly related experience may be substitutable.)
- Experience with data analytics, reporting and data base support. [Required]
- Experience with general office software, including database and web-based applications and advanced spreadsheet applications particularly Microsoft Office applications. [Required]
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database. (Preferred)
- Prior experience in non-profit or higher education fundraising. (Preferred)
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong grasp of the role of technology with a capacity to identify opportunities for improved data quality, reduced data entry and more efficient processes.
- Ability to work closely with diverse technology based teams.
- Strategic focus to improve and promote service quality and efficiency.
- Technical aptitude toward data quality and management.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation related to the database system supported.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and to clearly and effectively communicate technical information to individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively interpersonally, orally and in writing.
- Ability to collect, organize, synthesize and present information in a meaningful manner.
- Ability to organize work, prioritize effectively and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and general office software.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse audience of students, alumni, employees, donors and friends of Valencia College.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off – vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida Retirement System (FRS) membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all.
To apply for this job please visit valenciacollege.peopleadmin.com.