Assistant Director, Digital Philanthropy
Virginia TechBlacksburg, VA
The Assistant Director, Digital Philanthropy is a key member of the Annual Giving team and is responsible for managing a team of direct reports to collaboratively plan and implement key digital-driven fundraising efforts such as Giving Day, crowdfunding, SMS, micro-campaigns, personal digital outreach, and optimize digital fundraising channel strategies to achieve donor growth goals. Setting innovative fundraising strategies is the core of the Assistant Director, Digital Philanthropy role and this position is a leader in determining the best collaborative approach to retain, reactivate, and acquire digitally native donors. This will be achieved by creating a thoughtful plan which complements the work being done by other annual giving channels and fits into the overall plan for donor growth. Awareness of industry trends and analysis of fundraising results to inform future strategy will also be critical for this role. This role partners with Annual Giving teammates and cross-functional colleagues within Advancement to carry out the designated fundraising responsibilities for the university’s Annual Giving program focusing on long-term, multi-year objectives for growing revenue and participation of alumni donors.
Additionally, this position will also strategize with non-academic partners to effectively and efficiently determine appropriate multi-channel fundraising efforts for audiences such as parents, faculty/staff, and friends.
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, communications, business, marketing or comparable field with equivalent experience.
- Progressive experience in fundraising, membership, advertising, nonprofits, or marketing.
- Familiarity of digital marketing or digital fundraising best practices with email, online giving, SMS, social media/digital advertisement, automation, or other emerging practices.
- Experience both managing direct reports and influencing across teams to achieve a common goal.
- Experience leading and prioritizing multiple simultaneous projects with differing timelines.
- Analytical skills to quickly and accurately evaluate digital fundraising campaign effectiveness and make appropriate adjustments or recommendations.
- Experience leveraging large quantitative data sets and qualitative information to inform decision-making.
- Demonstrate sharp attention to detail and capability to take initiative.
- Experience with ScaleFunder or other giving day or crowdfunding platforms.
- Knowledge of CRM solutions such as Blackbaud CRM.
- Experience leading complex projects from ideation to implementation to analysis.
- Involvement with budget planning and experience tracking project costs.
- Curiosity and competency to independently and creatively problem solve.
- Professional communications and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications including Excel and Teams.
- Strong organizational, project management, time management skills while working in a fast-paced, rapid-change environment.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.