Assistant Director of Development for Leadership Gifts
Virginia TechBlacksburg, VA
The Assistant Director of Development for Leadership Gifts will work with their supervisor, as well as Advancement leadership within our Colleges and University Programs, to develop and cultivate relationships with a portfolio of approximately 250 prospects while soliciting current use gifts in the range of $5K-$100K. The Assistant Director of Development for Leadership Gifts is responsible for the coordination, implementation, and follow-up of thoughtful donor-centric strategies that target potential donors who can provide philanthropic support to the University. The Assistant Director will also provide assistance to ensure timely donor stewardship of annual gifts. S/he will be a highly motivated professional who will be deeply involved in the fundraising efforts in support of current operations and endowment from all private sources, with emphasis on new donor acquisition and growing out the new 1872 Society leadership gifts program. Includes frequent travel of 5-10 days per month.
Current openings are available reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer for the College of Architecture and Urban Studies, or the Director of Leadership and Major Gifts. Please review the posting for additional openings that may be added at a later time.
- Bachelor’s degree and fundraising or relevant experience, or Master’s degree.
- The successful candidate will show evidence of the ability to motivate volunteers and donors, will be self-motivated, and will embrace the concept and attitude of teamwork in a complex organization.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to articulate the importance of higher education and communicate the critical role and priorities of the university and the development program.
- Strong motivation and the proven ability to work well as a contributing team member within a complex organization requiring collaboration, teamwork and communication.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising, sales/marketing, advertising, public relations, communications, or experience in cold calling.
- Demonstrated experience in relational database manipulation.
- Experience with office software applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook or similar programs.
- Preference given to candidates with experience in higher education fundraising.
- Preference for proven success in building productive, relationships with senior administrators, key business leaders, faculty, staff, institutional boards, volunteers, and/or donors.
- Preference given to candidates who demonstrate engagement and fundraising experience with parents/families and/or volunteer board management.
- Basic understanding of the concepts and principles of fundraising is beneficial.
- Previous annual giving experience preferred.
How to Apply for this Job:
Interested candidates must apply online at www.jobs.vt.edu and search for posting AP0190183. Include with the state application, a cover letter, resume, and list of references. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations should notify the Human Resources Service Center, 540-231-9331 or email [email protected] A review of applications will begin after August 9, 2019.
About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit listings.jobs.vt.edu.
- Next s