Assistant Director of Leadership Gifts, CLAHS
Virginia TechBlacksburg, VA
The Assistant Director of Development for Leadership Gifts in the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences will work with the Assistant Dean of Advancement to qualify, cultivate, and solicit philanthropic contributions from a portfolio of CLAHS alumni and friends. Solicitation range typically will fall between $5k to $100k. The Assistant Director of Development for Leadership Gifts is responsible for the coordination, implementation, and follow up of thoughtful donor-centric strategies in support of college and university priorities. The Assistant Director will also assist with the timely donor stewardship of annual gifts. S/he will be a highly motivated professional who will be deeply involved in the fundraising efforts of the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences in support of current operations and endowment, with emphasis on new donor acquisition.
The College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences at Virginia Tech combines the wide-ranging intellectual exploration of the liberal arts with the technological advantages of a leading research university and the civic engagement of a land-grant institution. Recognizing that technology alone is never a solution and that innovation is a fundamentally human achievement, the college’s programs prepare students to bring perspectives from the arts, humanities, and social sciences to understanding and achieving meaningful solutions to complex human problems.
- Bachelor’s degree and demonstrated relevant experience or master’s degree.
- The successful candidate will show evidence of the ability to engage volunteers and donors (or customers for those with a sales background), will be self-motivated, and will embrace the concept and attitude of collaborative teamwork in a complex organization.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well as a contributing team member in an environment requiring high ethical standards, confidentiality and flexibility.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising, sales/marketing, advertising, public relations, communications, or experience in cold calling.
- Experience with office software applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook or similar programs.
- Attention to detail and time management are critical skills that will lead to success.
- Demonstrate a successful track record in higher education fundraising.
- Possess a basic understanding of the concepts and principles of fundraising.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.