Assistant Director, The Wellesley Fund
Wellesley CollegeWellesley, MA
The Assistant Director is a member of the team responsible for reaching The Wellesley Fund annual revenue goals The Wellesley Fund provides immediate impact, current use funds which are a critical component of the College’s economic model. The Assistant Director cultivates, stewards, and solicits alumnae for gifts to The Wellesley Fund. S/he manages alumnae volunteers, Wellesley Fund class representatives and assistant class representatives. S/he participates in the development and implementation of immediate impact giving acquisition, retention and renewal strategies with a dual goal of increasing the number of donors and the dollars raised. The Assistant Director is the lead manager of the volunteer management software (VMS) to ensure accuracy of data and fundraising content/material are accessible for the more than 150 Wellesley Fund volunteers. Performs other related duties as required.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Cultivates, stewards, and solicits alumnae by phone and in person.
- Recruits, trains and collaborates with Wellesley Fund class volunteers to be successful in their efforts on behalf of the College.
- Presents the College’s financial needs and funding goals articulately, persuasively and with confidence.
- Manages all aspects of the VMS and serves as the liaison with the GiveCampus account representative.
- Creates all online giving links and associated appeal codes for use with the VMS.
- Participates in key events at which alumnae are present such as volunteer orientation workshops commencement, and reunion weekend.
B.A./B.S. degree and valid driver’s license.
1-3 years of fundraising experience, including volunteer management and the use of volunteer management systems, ideally within an academic setting.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work competently and efficiently in a multi-task environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze annual giving data to inform strategy.
- Must have the ability to innovate, think strategically and conceptually, manage multiple projects and handle difficult situations.
- Good judgment and the ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with discretion.
- Familiarity with standard fundraising technology, and a high comfort-level using technology to communicate and share information.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Wellesley College.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- All employees hired after August 2, 2021 are required to upload proof of vaccination against COVID-19, subject to approved medical or religious exemptions or disability accommodations.
At Wellesley, we embrace and honor difference and diversity. We believe the best ideas—the best solutions—draw on a range of voices, perspectives, and experiences. As a college, and as a community, we are dedicated to assuring that all members for the Wellesley community have an equal opportunity to flourish.
Wellesley College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Wellesley College and all its subcontractors shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60–1.4(a), 60–300.5(a) and 60–741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Wellesley College and all of its subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Candidates who believe they can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit wellesley.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.