Senior Associate Director, The Wellesley Fund
Wellesley CollegeWellesley, MA
Senior Associate Director, The Wellesley Fund
At a time when women leaders are making a difference in the world, the mission of Wellesley College has never been more important. The Senior Associate Director of The Wellesley Fund, a record-breaking annual giving program, plays an integral, strategic role on a mission-driven team, focused on raising immediate-impact gifts. If you are a passionate, innovative, aspirational fundraiser, and a champion for women’s leadership, this is an amazing opportunity at a historic time in higher education.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Annual Giving Programs, the Senior Associate Director collaborates across the division to develop and implement strategies for increasing alumnae giving, particularly from recent graduates and growing Wellesley Fund gifts of $2,500 or more at the Durant Society level. Toward these ends, the Senior Associate Director manages a portfolio of prospects and works closely with key Wellesley Fund volunteers.
S/he supervises one full-time professional staff: Assistant Director of The Wellesley Fund
The Senior Associate Director is the lead strategist for Wellesley’s participation in Schuler Initiative. This work involves collaborating with the other four partner liberal arts colleges and the Schuler Education Foundation. The Senior Associate Director leads Wellesley’s work in creating and implementing acquisition and retention strategies for this cohort. Using data to inform decision, s/he measures the impact of fundraising and volunteer work to grow giving from this alumnae group. S/he is responsible for stewarding the Schuler Education Foundation on their grant and the progress Wellesley has made with recent alumnae giving and participation.
The Senior Associate Director recruits, trains and motivates alumnae volunteers in their work to enhance giving in recent alumnae classes. The volunteers are a combination of class fund agents and Schuler volunteers.
The Senior Associate Director manages a select portfolio of prospects, including some recent alumnae prospects, to more deeply engage them and to secure their giving at the Durant Society Level.
Collaboration Across the Division and College:
The Senior Associate Director works closely with colleagues in Development, Communication and other strategic campus partners. S/he is charged with collaborating closely with the Alumnae Association to organize class-focused and reunion-specific activities and to coordinate on volunteer recruitment, management and solicitation. In this role s/he plans, implements, and manages the fundraising efforts for assigned classes to set and achieve annual dollar and participation goals.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements strategies for increasing young alumnae giving and participation
- Leads Wellesley College’s efforts to meet the terms of the Schuler Initiative
- Manages a portfolio of donors and prospective donors
- Works closely with, and trains, alumnae volunteers in class leadership, committee positions and the Schuler Initiative to be successful in their efforts on behalf of the College
- Presents the College’s financial needs and funding goals articulately, persuasively and with confidence
- Supervises one fundraiser: Assistant Director of The Wellesley Fund
- Participates in key events at which alumnae are present such as, BLUEPrint weekend, commencement, and reunion
- Coordinates class-focused and reunion-specific activities with Wellesley College Alumnae Association counterpart. Collaborates with colleagues, especially in regard to identifying and coordinating the recruitment and solicitation of potential class volunteers, and keeps colleagues informed of his/her activities
B.A. Degree and valid driver’s license
- 5 – 7 years of fundraising experience, including successful solicitations, ideally within higher education
- 3 – 5 years of volunteer recruitment, training and management
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Proven track record of success as a fundraiser
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to look at data and draw conclusions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to work both independently and collaboratively with an orientation toward customer service
- Absolute confidentiality, professionalism and discretion required
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Wellesley College
- An ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse environment
- Familiarity with Windows-based systems, including tracking systems and a high comfort-level using technology to communicate and share information
- Approaches responsibilities with enthusiasm, an orientation toward customer service, and with an awareness of fundraising needs and goals
Must be willing to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends. Must be willing to travel domestically (35-50%) to visit with prospects and volunteers throughout the year.
Wellesley College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Wellesley College and all its subcontractors shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60–1.4(a), 60–300.5(a) and 60–741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Wellesley College and all of its subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Candidates who believe they can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply.
Wellesley College offers a wide variety of benefits programs and resources to its employees. From our health plan options and wellness programs, to our continuing education opportunities and competitive retirement plans. Learn more here: https://www.wellesley.edu/hr/benefits
To apply for this job please visit wellesley.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.
- Next s