Direct Marketing Specialist
West Point Association of GraduatesWest Point, NY
The West Point Association of Graduates (WPAOG) is dedicated to furthering the ideals and promoting the welfare of the United States Military Academy (USMA), and to supporting and serving its graduates. USMA is renowned as the world’s preeminent leadership development institution. The student body, or Corps of Cadets, numbers 4,400, and each year approximately 1,000 cadets graduate and are commissioned as second lieutenants in the U.S. Army.
WPAOG seeks a Direct Marketing Specialist to work with the Blackbaud Direct Marketing Tool to support fundraising as well as personalized communication across WPAOG’s various channels. This position will be responsible for creating segments for solicitations and engagement outreach based on communication preferences and other data, executing A/B testing, and tracking the effectiveness and ROI of all appeals and efforts. The Direct Marketing Specialist will also be involved in ensuring that the proper data is captured in the data warehouse for visualization in Tableau. Specific duties include:
- Enhance existing reports and analyses to inform future direct marketing goals and strategies
- Set constituent segmentation strategies and tactics
- Perform quality control measures to ensure data integrity
- Design, code, test, implement and document complex data queries and reports
- Provide data for mail/email production and phone solicitations
- Plan work, prepare specifications, design forms and files and output formats
- Schedule workflow and monitor work in progress, making schedule changes as necessary
- Partner to identify target prospect pools as determined by fundraising strategy and initiatives
- Maintain continuous direct communication with stakeholders
- Ensure ongoing identification and resolution of data quality management issues
The position will report to the Assistant Director, Data Services and receive regular guidance from the Manager, Data Services. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the technical tool as well as the philosophy of direct marketing, including but not limited to segmentation, analytics, and methods to increase return on investment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in very fine detail while also managing the calendar and cadence of a high number of distinct communications is required.
A Bachelor’s degree is required and prior experience with Blackbaud CRM Direct Marketing tool is preferred. Familiarity with email marketing platforms and also inbound marketing generally. Basic Knowledge of implementation and configuration of CRM and Marketing systems such as Salesforce, BBIS. We offer excellent benefits and a pleasant working environment. Salary commensurate with skills and experience. Please submit a cover letter and resume.
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.