Director of Development and Alumni Affairs
West Virginia Wesleyan CollegeBuckhannon, WV
West Virginia Wesleyan College is seeking a Director of Development and Alumni Affairs to join the Office of Development. The full-time, 12-month, Director position will spearhead development campaigns, support and cultivate donor relations and lead Wesleyan’s extensive efforts to engage alumni.
The Director of Development and Alumni Affairs reports to the Chief Development and Marketing Officer. This individual directs and oversees the Alumni Affairs staff.
Position Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Lead the College’s alumni engagement and development efforts
- Create and execute development campaigns that support the Strategic Vision of West Virginia Wesleyan College
- Develop creative strategies and tactics to grow engagement of and participation by WVWC Alumni
- Develop and manage potential or current donors, with a focus on WVWC alumni, including correspondence
- Expand WVWC’s engagement with key alumni stakeholders and groups
- Support oversight and management of the Alumni budget
- Lead and manage key activations that focus on Alumni Giving and Participation
- Manage and support efforts to maintain key databases that support the Office of Development
- Other duties as assigned
- Represent the values of West Virginia Wesleyan College in all interactions with internal and external audiences
● Bachelor’s Degree and 5-7 years of experience in fundraising and development, communications or a related field
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Proven organizational and interpersonal abilities
● Ability to represent the College in a professional manner in interacting with students, parents, alumni and donors
● Demonstrated ability to work in a team framework, but also independently as required
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and names and contact information of three references to [email protected] On the subject of the email, please enter: ##12## – Director of Development and Alumni Affairs. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.wvwc.edu.