Digital Gift Officer
Western Michigan UniversityKalamazoo, MI
The Digital Gift Officer develops effective multi-channel concierge-like outreach to Western Michigan University alumni that will generate significant relationships resulting in increased alumni engagement and participation in giving. The digital gift officer is an active member of the annual giving team, growing revenue and donor numbers through solicitations, volunteer engagement, and targeted campaigns – with a special focus on pre-qualifying major gift donors ($25,000+) and upgrading gift amounts ($1000-$5000+).
- Working with the Director and using provided resources, segmentation and multi-channel outreach, develop, manage, execute, test and measure campaigns, including strategies for Giving Tuesday, WMU Giving Day and micro-campaigns that increase donor participation and annual donations.
- Work to ensure successful promotion and engagement of campaigns on social media. In conjunction with colleagues in Advancement Communications, write and edit content for social and email communications that align with the department and university messaging, its goals and strategies. Determine and target display advertising, retargeting, and mobile geo-location to amplify and boost communication and messages to alumni.
- Builds relationships with donors and assists in coordinating strategies for the involvement of institutional partners.
- Identify and qualify donors to be moved along the major gift pipeline.
- Attains virtual visits via video conference or phone. May make in-person visits approved by the Director.
- Promotes the Annual Fund to internal and external constituents.
- Applies industry best practices to maintain an awareness of successful initiatives utilized at peer institutions and make recommendations to grow WMU’s digital fundraising program.
- One year’s relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited institution.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in relationship building, cold calling, fundraising and/or sales.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks to meet deadlines and goals.
- Ability to work as a team member within a complex organization.
- Comprehensive understanding of higher education fundraising.
- Successful history in gift fundraising.
- Salesforce experience.
Required Applicant Documents:
- Cover Letter highlighting your qualifications
- List of References
Additional Position Information:
- Terminal appointment ends two years from date of hire, with possibility for renewal.
- A simultaneous internal and external search for qualified candidates has been approved. Applications for transfer will be evaluated with external applications.
- There are two (2) Digital Gift Officer positions available. By applying to this posting you will be considered for other title positions and will receive email communications on multiple positions.
- Western Michigan University offers generous benefits to its employees including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement, and tuition discount for the employee and tuition remission for eligible dependents.
To apply for this job please visit www.wmujobs.org.