Annual Giving Officer
Western New England UniversitySpringfield, MA
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Annual Giving Officer is responsible for identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors with the capacity to give at the level of $1,000 – $25,000. They will be a highly motivated professional who will be deeply involved in the fundraising efforts in support of current-use annual giving from individual donors with an emphasis on new donor acquisition, upgrades, growing alumni participation and developing a pipeline for major gifts. Solicitations will be multi-channel, including, but not limited to, phone calls, mail, emails, and personal meetings.
- The candidate must have the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment. Strong organizational, analytical, and managerial skills are necessary as well as the ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One or more years of fundraising (or related sales) experience devising and executing face-to-face solicitations.
- Proven ability to communicate and present persuasively, build relationships and influence others.
- Strong organizational and database skills.
- Willingness to travel on daily and/or weekly basis locally or assigned geographic territories.
- Sense of humor and positive attitude.
Excellent fringe benefits including tuition remission for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
Western New England University is a private, independent, coeducational institution founded in 1919. Located on an attractive 215-acre suburban campus in Springfield, Massachusetts, Western New England University serves 3,900 students, including more than 2,600 full-time undergraduate students. Undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs are offered through Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business, Engineering, and Pharmacy, and School of Law.
Western New England University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome candidates whose background may contribute to the further diversification of our community.
In alignment with the University’s commitment to health and safety, all Faculty and Staff are required to be vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination.
To apply for this job please visit employment.wne.edu.