Donor Relations & Event Manager
William Jessup UniversityRocklin, CA
The Donor Relations & Event Manager is a key member of the Advancement team acknowledging, recognizing, engaging and stewarding various populations of the university constituent base. This position is directed by the Senior Director of University Advancement and assists in the planning, implementation and execution of systems that curate a positive donor experience, while creating pipelines of identification and qualification to our Major Gift Officers. This position will enhance society experiences and provide targeted engagement opportunities for donor groups who desire to engage with Jessup’s mission.
- Participate and manage accurate records, manage the flow of information and establish appropriate standard practices of database management and communication utilizing university software tools;
- Plan and execute stewarding process in Salesforce with the purpose of expressing gratitude and impact of donor giving;
- Develop, direct and maintain a robust donor acknowledgement and stewardship process throughout all levels of the donor pyramid;
- Manage and coordinate all acknowledgement communications including, but not limited to, gift receipt letters, digital thank you letters and student thank you cards
- Manage and coordinate all stewardship experiences including, but not limited to, annual giving statements and annual donor impact reports;
- Oversee the day-to-day management of our Advancement societies that provide recognition of donor participation through the President’s Circle, Jessup Faithful and Stilgebouer Legacy Society;
- Manage, implement and execute President’s Circle and Jessup Faithful programming, communications, stewardship and solicitation;
- Establish, maintain and document procedures that will enhance the donor relations programming for the university;
- Manage, coordinate and assist with all aspects of each assigned University special event including donor and capital development, church partners, alumni, board of trustee and community events;
- Develop a budget for each special event; giving regular updates to direct reports and being responsible for budgetary stewardship and accountability
- Upon assignment, the Donor Relations Manager will meet, assist and attend various special event committees and structural meetings.
- Work directly with the Senior Director of University Advancement (Advancement Office) on campus and University beautification, marketing and design presentations; i.e., banners, donor walls, reveals and celebration style and presentation evaluation;
- Work with Facilities, Coordinator of Events, Media, Marketing, Campus Scheduling and internal processes to bring about coordination and communication for all special events;
- Collaborate and assist with direct mail for proper segmentation of donor populations as it relates to our solicitation content and frequency;
- Supervise student workers assigned to donor relations for data and event engagement
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred but not required.
- Previous donor relations, event management or marketing experience.
- Experience in higher education and/or fundraising would be extremely helpful.
- A strong and visible Christian faith
- Demonstrated ability to professionally represent office to donors and staff through excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience and knowledge of personal computer operating system and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Gmail, and willing to learn Salesforce data base program
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced and busy environment
- Demonstrated ability to program work-flow and coordinate often complex schedules of others
- Good judgment, high energy, a positive attitude and good sense of humor are essential
- Flexibility to work overtime on an occasional basis
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment with minimal supervision
The employee agrees to promote the values and mission of WJU as a private Christ-centered University and live a life consistent with biblical principles. All employees of the University are expected to firmly support without reservations the William Jessup University doctrinal statement of personal Christian faith. Additionally, the employee may play a formative role in the spiritual lives of students in a manner consistent with the Community Covenant and Statement of Faith. This may include leading devotions and/or spiritual formation groups and seeking other opportunities consistent with a biblical spiritual formation role
The above statements and job description is intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed within this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and tasks. Other similar or additional duties are to be performed or assigned. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. William Jessup University maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees may be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit jessup.edu.