Managing Associate Director of Annual Giving
Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni AssociationMadison, WI
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)* is looking for a donor experience officer (DXO) to help lead our growing team. As an energetic, passionate and digital-first fundraiser, this DXO will leverage modern marketing tools to deepen relationships, help coach a team of innovative fundraisers, and collaborate with marketing and development teams to strategically scale personalization at UW-Madison.
This team member will report to the Managing Associate Director of Annual Giving, coach several DXO teammates, help drive DXO strategy, and engage a portfolio of 250-300 donors.
DXOs use momentous giving days, video storytelling, and digital marketing to help donors transform the student experience and elevate the work of faculty within several colleges and schools, as well as advance philanthropic priorities within the Carbone Cancer Center, American Family Children’s Hospital, and other key areas of the medical institution (UW School of Medicine and Public Health and UW Health). This talented and innovative leader will help align how we engage donors with their passions through video, phone, social media, and digital connections.
Diversity and Inclusion
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
- Donor Retention
- Cultivate relationships with annual leadership gift donors through email, phone, virtual meetings, and video
- Leverage tools of the WFAA marketing division to renew annual support at the $1,000-24,999 level
- Deepen UW’s partnership with donors and qualify them for increased support
- Team and Programmatic Leadership
- Enhance team effectiveness as trusted advisors that leverage digital tools through mentorship and coaching
- Partner within unit development managers to strengthen relationships with our colleagues on campus
- Develop and lead training for new and existing donor experience officers
- Investigate and implement innovative resources or strategies to increase team scalability and personalization
- Provide thought leadership within the annual giving team and organization on enhancing leadership annual giving donor experience
- Donor Success Development
- Communicate stories about the impact of annual philanthropic support with current and potential donor partners
- Serve as a point of contact for advancing relationships between the priority area and annual leadership donors
- Collaborate with development staff to identify and elevate donors through the pipeline
- Content Curation
- Collaborate closely with priority area colleagues to identify and deliver content related to the impact of philanthropy through video, social media, and digital platforms
- Collaborate with digital and annual giving teams to tailor modern marketing tactics for leadership annual giving level donors
- Passion for people leadership and a desire to mentor with energy, empathy, and creativity
- Demonstrated success in fundraising or digital marketing
- Curiosity for discovering passions that motivate people
- A creative mind for strategic marketing to individuals and masses
- Emotional intelligence when engaging with donors
- Enthusiasm to ask for philanthropic support for priority areas
- Ability to inspire and share stories of impact verbally
- Willingness to learn and build
- Interest in analyzing data to determine strategy; strong attention to detail
- Video creation or digital marketing experience score bonus points
To apply for this job please visit careers-supportuw.icims.com.