Development Officer/Assistant Director, Yale College Annual Giving
Yale Alumni FundNew Haven, CT
The assistant director works as a member of the Yale College Annual Giving fundraising team to raise unrestricted support for the university through organized and coordinated fundraising efforts.
- Develops revenue and donor goals; develops and implements effective fundraising programs for each assigned class or constituency, including external personal visits, personalized written campaigns, phonathons, social media, direct mail, and email.
- Recruits, trains, and manages a substantial group of alumni volunteers; creates communications to large number of volunteers; supervises mass mailings to volunteers; informs volunteers of updated information and deadlines; evaluates individual donor and volunteer needs and provides other personal support. Has the authority to represent the university to alumni donors and volunteers.
- Advises, educates, and solicits potential alumni donors through external face-to-face meetings, phone contacts, and written communications.
- Monitors, on a weekly basis, annual giving solicitation strategies, as well as participation and dollar goals, for all supported classes. Identifies opportunities/needs to adjust strategies in order to reach fund raising goals. Implements new and modified strategies as needed.
- Continually reviews alumni donor profiles to identify potential top annual donors and determines individual solicitation strategies.
- Develops, fosters, and maintains positive alumni relations to keep alumni engaged and disposed to give back to the university.
- Coordinates special annual programs with a targeted focus.
- Plans and attends meetings and events on and off campus.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills, including attention to detail.
- Ability to handle diverse, simultaneous tasks and attend to follow-through.
- Highly motivated and energetic; ability to show initiative and work independently.
- Outgoing personality and ability to initiate and enjoy direct communication with alumni; customer-service orientation. Professionalism, maturity, and an ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Word and Excel and the willingness to learn new online tools and database programs as needed.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and two years of direct fundraising, marketing, communications, or volunteer management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education & Experience:
Familiarity with fundraising/marketing databases.
To apply for this job please visit giving.yale.edu.