Direct Marketing Specialist, Annual Giving
Yale UniversityNew Haven, CT
Working with considerable independence and keen attention to detail, the direct marketing specialist handles the production process for mass communications of the Yale Alumni Fund and other development partners as needed. Handling several requests simultaneously, the specialist coordinates ongoing communications with project initiators and key stakeholders and ensures accuracy of list generation, segmenting counts, and other project details. The specialist provides expertise and shares best practices during all steps of the project management process and exercises diplomacy and serves as an active team player when it comes to creating new projects or re-evaluating those that are cyclical. Enthusiastic about creating improved workflow strategies and identifying cost efficiencies, the specialist works to enhance existing reports and analyses to inform future direct marketing goals and strategies.
- Participates in setting constituent segmentation strategies and tactics. Creates, streamlines or enhances targeting of constituencies. Performs quality control measures to ensure data integrity. Identifies cost-saving options.
- Designs, codes, tests, implements and documents complex data queries and reports. Accurately documents projects and processes.
- Provides data for mail/email production and phone solicitations.
- Plans work, prepares specifications, designs forms and files and output formats. Identifies data requirements. Selects and formats data from the University alumni database.
- Schedules workflow. Monitors work in progress and makes schedule changes as necessary. Assists in staff training and new employee on-boarding with regard to data systems and processes.
- Manages and prioritizes staff and systems for mail production and reporting.
- Identifies target prospect pools as determined by fundraising strategy and initiatives.
- Maintains inventory management. Maintains continuous direct communication with service providers.
- Ensures ongoing identification and resolution of data quality management issues.
- Maintains project budgets. Analyzes response and ROI for each appeal throughout the fiscal year.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of two years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated strong computer, analytical, and problem-solving skills with outstanding attention to detail required. Excellent planning, prioritizing, and organizational skills. Ability to function effectively in a deadline-oriented setting.
- Desire and ability to work independently but as a strong member of a team. Able to interact positively and professionally with staff at various levels across the University.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information with complete discretion.
- Willingness to work at other University and off-site locations to oversee the assembly of materials in preparation for mailings.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Familiarity with fundraising practices and procedures. Familiarity with data mining, modeling and analysis.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.