Senior Philanthropy Officer
Athens State UniversityAthens, AL
The Senior Philanthropy Officer is responsible for fundraising activities and strategies designed to increase giving to the Athens State University Foundation by alumni and friends of the University. The Officer is primarily responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewardship of major gifts from alumni and friends of the University.
- Manage a portfolio of 100-150 active major gift prospects capable of making gifts of $10,000 or more to the University.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a broad variety of donors including alumni, corporations, foundations, and all other constituencies interested in supporting the Athens State University Foundation.
- Direct and implement fundraising strategies in conjunction with the Assistant Vice President of University Development
- Contribute toward the development of materials including brochures, case statements and other media that support the Foundation’s fundraising goals.
- Participate in fundraising initiatives for special events and projects relating to University development as assigned.
- Prepare and complete reports in a timely fashion to document activities related to fundraising goals and objectives.
- Actively recruit and engage alumni and friends of the University to participate in University events and activities.
- Travel both locally and nationally and be flexible in work hours including some nights and weekends.
- Assist in preparing and providing material for University publications including The Column, press releases and other materials as needed.
- Actively participate in updating and enhancing the Advancement database to ensure information is current and accurate.
- Follow the policies of the University and Foundation in regard to the processing and acceptance of gifts.
- Actively work toward building cooperative and collaborative relationships with University Colleges, Departments, faculty, staff and community entities.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing work scope and tasks based on need.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to work practices and offers viable solutions for implementation.
- Proactively engage in problem solving related to tasks in this position with internal and external constituencies.
- Routinely practice self-monitoring by assessing self to make improvements or take corrective action to improve performance.
- Completes other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to relate to diverse constituencies
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Working knowledge in fundraising strategies and techniques as endorsed by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in higher education or other nonprofit fundraising, sales or business development
- Experience with the Salesforce CRM Platform
Special Instructions to Applicants
Unofficial transcripts should be from the college or university which verifies minimum qualifications for the position. Upon an offer of employment, official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be submitted. Continued employment is contingent upon receipt of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
Please provide contact information for three professional references on your application.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.