Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving
Ball State UniversityMuncie, IN
The Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving is a high-energy, self-fundraiser responsible for soliciting leadership annual gifts. The primary objective is to increase the number of donors who give annually at the $1,000+ level, ultimately increasing the amount of private support raised each year. The position is unit based and will work directly with campus partners to build and execute fundraising strategy for those donors who have the capacity and inclination to give $1,000+, bridging the gap between engagement and philanthropy.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
At least one year of higher education, sales and/or non-profit fundraising work experience. This is to include successfully serving in roles such as a student caller, alumni ambassador and related giving/engagement roles during college.
History of proven fundraising success while as a college/university student or professionally after graduating; experience with using data to drive strategy; ability to work as part of an organization without direct daily supervision; outstanding oral, written and listening communication skills in order to articulate departmental and institutional viewpoints, goals, priorities, and needs; strong organizational and interpersonal skills; willingness and ability to travel; possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the university’s auto fleet policy; proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
Preferred Education: Master’s degree.
Minimum two years of successful fundraising experience in a higher education setting (phonathon, leadership giving, etc.) and/or within non-profit fundraising.
Self-motivation and ability to motivate others, including alumni, staff, faculty and volunteers; ability to work as a team member within a complex institution; knowledge of or experience in an educational setting; flexibility and willingness to change fundraising tactics and strategy mid-year to achieve stated program goals; supervisory experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Qualify, cultivate, and solicit Ball State alumni/ae and friends capable of making leadership annual gift commitments of $1,000+ to the university.
- Devise and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies (including ask amounts) and meet activity and revenue goals by planning, managing, and maintaining an aggressive meeting schedule.
- Execute cultivation and solicitation methods including telephone, email, and personal visits with alumni and friends.
- Work with colleagues to build fundraising strategy for their assigned units.
- Increase the number of mid-level donors who give annually, ultimately increasing the amount of private support raised from university constituents each year; concentrate on renewal, upgrades and acquisition within the prospect pool to assist in raising more private support each year and enhance the major gift pipeline.
- Using various platforms and tools, develop data-inspired fundraising strategies.
- Plan all work thoroughly and carefully, including goals, timetables and steps to be taken to achieve objectives.
- Provide regular foundation board and internal updates on leadership-level donor giving.
- Review all pledge reminders and correspondence for leadership giving donors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit bsu.peopleadmin.com.