Annual Giving Manager
Baptist Health Foundation KY & INLouisville, KY
The Annual Giving Manager provides direction for a comprehensive annual giving program to secure new and renewed philanthropic support from individuals to advance the mission and to build resources in support of the overall strategic development plan of Baptist Health Foundation. Annual Giving strategies focus on gifts ranging from $1-$9,999 to help build the pipeline for future major gifts opportunities. The Annual Giving Manager is part of a high-performing team that implements a comprehensive development program to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward annual, major, and planned giving donors and prospects for restricted and unrestricted needs of Baptist Health.
This position will report to the System Director, Donor Relations and will work closely with system and market team members. The position will be a resource for all Baptist Health staff as it creates a fundamental and vital donor pipeline to fuel portfolio development, major giving and planned giving efforts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a coordinated matrix of communication and solicitation strategies involving email, direct mail and video focused on shaping a growing donor base and sustainable tradition of annual support (Gifts under $10,000)
- Develop a strategic plan for donor acquisition, renewal, and reactivation of lapsed donors to build a pipeline of major gift prospects that is in alignment with strategic objectives
- Develop and implement a master plan and calendar for all phases of annual giving
- Develop and execute a monthly giving sustainer program
- Prepare innovative messaging for internal and external audiences
- Identify target constituent segments in the $1,000 to $10,000 gift range to prepare market teams for in person solicitations
- Work closely with System Director, Donor Relations to steward annual fund donors
- Develop, enhance, and expand Foundation relationships and partnerships; including prospect development and communications
- Oversee annual giving and analysis across the System
- Willingness to travel
- Follow Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures
Minimum Education, Training, and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 5 years of annual giving experience, ideally in a healthcare or hospital setting
- Strong written, presentation, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Poised, persuasive, engaging and empathetic communications style based on natural warmth and enthusiasm
- Experience with direct marketing and knowledge of best practices
- Experience working closely with communications professionals preferred
- Fast-paced, self-motivated and results oriented with the ability to work in a timely manner with multiple deadlines and competing requirements
- Extensive experience interacting and communicating effectively with all levels of employees, including executive staff, clinicians, medical staff and researchers, as well as key stakeholders from external organizations
- Possesses general level knowledge/experience of healthcare compliance and other relevant guidance (HIPAA, Safe Harbor, etc.)
- Familiarity with Salesforce or Pardot preferred
Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit bhs.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.