Associate Director, Annual Giving
Bentley UniversityWaltham, MA
Job Description Summary
Bentley University is searching for a dynamic individual to join our Annual Giving team as an Associate Director of Annual Giving. This position will be responsible for the solicitation, development and execution of personal solicitations and fundraising strategies to targeted affinity communities, such as athletics and young alumni, to help achieve dollar and participation goals for the Bentley Fund in support of University initiatives and will manage a portfolio of individuals (200-250 prospects) through the stages of stewardship, cultivation and solicitation. This position reports to the Director of Annual Giving and works closely with the leadership in Department of Athletics.
This individual will collaborate with the Director of Annual Giving on the development, coordination and implementation of a vibrant Falcon Club Athletics fundraising program. They will coordinate with the Director of Annual Giving on the creation and segmentation of direct mail and email appeals as well as have an input to all stewardship efforts regarding affinity groups. They will work collaboratively with colleagues in leadership gifts and the Office of Alumni and Family Engagement to maximize support to university initiatives. This individual will serve as the University Advancement liaison to Athletics and provide guidance to coaches on annual fundraising strategies and engagement activities. They will attend sporting events and represent athletics at campus and other special events, as needed.
- Management of a comprehensive fundraising program for Bentley athletics in close partnership with the Athletics Director, individual coaches, and volunteers to increase unrestricted support for Falcon Athletics as well as individual teams.
- Identification, cultivation and solicitation of former athletes and families.
- Management of a portfolios of approximately 200-250 donors, young alumni, alumni athletes and families of current/former athletes.
- Create and execute strategies to meet the goals for individual prospects, as well as overall affinity giving.
- As a front-line fundraiser, this position is responsible for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of new and increased gifts from a portfolio of prospects through the coordination of the Director of Annual Giving, Director of Stewardship and Athletics Director.
- Collaborate with Alumni Engagement counterpart on affinity engagement strategies, as well as offices across campus.
- Co-Manage the FOLD (Falcons of the Last Decade) on young alumni engagement and giving efforts.
- Develops an annual work plan, which includes bottom line financial fundraising goals, goals for the number of days of travel in visiting lead annual gift prospects, goals for the number of face-to-face solicitations visits, etc.
- Produce and distribute all communications to this critically important constituency including appeals, event invitation and follow-up, and stewardship efforts.
- Work with the Director of Annual Giving to set fundraising dollar and participation goals for each segment as well as the communications schedule for direct mail and email appeals.
- Work effectively with others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables, and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical solutions; and respecting the diversity of our work force in actions, words, and deeds.
- Required to travel 20-50% (one week per month).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Partner with the department of athletics on all fundraising efforts, including golf tournaments or other initiatives and events.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 – 7 years of relevant fundraising or sales experience required.
- Annual fund experience and relationship/volunteer management.
- Analytical aptitude and facility with computer systems.
- Experience working with and managing volunteers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to deal with alumni and volunteers with diplomacy and tact.
- Must be able to travel approximately one week per month.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work outside of regular business hours when necessary.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to adhere strictly to rules regarding confidential information.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with high attention to organization and detail.
- Demonstrated ability to attain goals set forth.
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker.
- Must hold and maintain a valid, unrestricted United States driver’s license, with an insurable driving history as determined by Bentley’s insurance carrier.
- Experience working in Higher Education.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new systems and ability to manipulate and analyze data to inform department decision-making.
- Experience managing programs independently, making process improvements, and re-imagining volunteer training programs and opportunities.
- Collaborative and collegial approach to working with teams; ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Willingness to travel both locally and nationally as well as work evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Ability to travel both within and outside of campus for work related events and meetings.
- Typical office setting with extensive computer work and sitting.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.