Associate Director, Talent
Brown UniversityProvidence, RI
The Division of Advancement Talent’s team represents the values of inclusion, equity, trust, integrity, collaboration, innovation, problem solving and authenticity. The Brown University Advancement Talent department supports staff in successfully meeting the goals of Brown University by providing high quality and responsive human resources support to foster an exceptional work environment that encourages, nurtures and recognizes the professional development of Advancement employees. The Division provides employee relations and employment expertise for all Advancement staff. This includes developing and implementing recruiting and retention strategies; administering and interpreting policies; providing counseling and guidance regarding performance management; and developing service strategies, processes and programs that are responsive to the needs of the staff to implement best human resources practices for employee relations and employment
The Associate Director, Talent will report to the Executive Director, Talent and Resource Management to support collaborate with the employees in the Division of Advancement at Brown University and is responsible for the execution of talent management strategies and initiatives. The incumbent will act as the Deputy to the Executive Director and will be responsible for providing support to the Executive Director in the following areas: onboarding; diversity, equity and inclusion; Workday (HRIS) management; organizational culture and development; performance management; learning and development; workforce integration, data metrics and other talent management related areas that impact organizational culture. The incumbent will also help provide support and counsel to leaders and staff within the Division encompassing 238 FTE across 18 academic units, and over 18 internal departments and two remote offices (New York and California). The success of the Division’s most ambitious 3 billion dollar Comprehensive Campaign to date, hinges on the strategic investment in human capital to meet the institution’s goals.
This role will also requires in depth knowledge of and experience in the human resources discipline and its function. The individual will require significantly developed project management and execution skills. The incumbent is expected to create innovative and sustainable practices and processes that align with the organizational goals.
- At least 4-7 years Human Resources experience (or relevant experience).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development or equivalent. (Master’s degree preferred).
- Organization development experience, curriculum design and adult learning experience preferred.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, or employee relations, preferred.
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills (both internally and externally)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven setting with a demonstrated ability to multi-task while not sacrificing quality required. High level of attention to detail.
- Understanding of and experience with practical use of various vehicles for training delivery (including internet/intranet/e-learning, classroom, job aids, system help/performance support, and technologies such as Podcasts, Prezi simulations, performance support tool).
- Experience developing quantitative and qualitative surveys, evaluating survey results and making appropriate assessments and recommendations.
- Extensive experience teaching, presenting and facilitation group discussion and learning.
- Strong consultation and written and oral communication skills; excellent grammatical skills; lively, engaging writing style ad demonstrated ability to create correspondence for large groups.
- SHRM-CP, PHR certification preferred.
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
Candidates please note: all offers of employment are contingent upon a completed criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume with their application.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit brown.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.