Corporate & Foundation Development Officer
Bryant UniversitySmithfield, RI
Bryant University is seeking a conscientious and performance-driven individual who has a passion for establishing and maintaining strong business relationships to serve as our Corporate & Foundation Development Officer (the Officer).
The Officer is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding corporations, foundations, and University vendors to raise funds for key institutional initiatives. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of fundraising or business-to-business sales experience.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations and working cooperatively with the senior Development team, the Officer serves as the primary manager of corporate sponsorship solicitations for University programs. The ability of the Officer to engage potential contributors, determine their interests and match them to the needs of the University, and solicit and secure annual gifts between $2,500 – $100,000 is critical to Bryant’s success in the coming years. The Officer secures philanthropic gifts by establishing relationships with corporate and foundation decision-makers and identifies Bryant alumni, parents, and friends at target organizations who might help to advance fundraising efforts. They also develop strong working relationships with Bryant faculty and administrators in understanding their funding needs and developing proposals and sponsorship requests to secure funds for their approved projects.
The principal accountabilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Meet assigned goals for prospect visits and dollars to be raised as determined annually.
- Manage a pool of assigned corporate and foundation prospects, developing relationships with key administrators and executives through personal visits, correspondence, communications, and attendance at events. Research, develop, implement, and manage strategies for cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding a portfolio of organizational donors and prospects.
- Secure corporate sponsorships for major University programs and events (approx. 20) including, but not limited to, Bryant Athletics, Women’s Summit, the Chafee Center and World Trade Day, Northeast Intercollegiate Sales Competition, and President’s Cup Golf Tournament.
- Serve as the primary driver of the University’s vendor solicitation program.
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of written funding inquiries, proposals, sponsor benefit sheets and reports including budgets.
- Provide regular reports of all activities through designated reporting methods and inputting information in the Development database.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of University programs and priorities and its administrative and financial organization.
- Provide logistical support as required to assist in University events and activities; and,
- Perform related duties as assigned
This position is best filled by an individual with an undergraduate degree; one-to-three years of demonstrated success in fundraising or sales; experience in the effective use of fundraising platforms and techniques – iModules, Ellucian database and social media; higher education fundraising a plus. Successful candidate will be detail-oriented; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously; possessing strong interpersonal, writing and communications skills; and the ability to work collaboratively with co-workers and various University constituents.
Travel and non-standard hours are required. Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit employment.bryant.edu.