Cambridge in AmericaNew York, NY
The Appeals Coordinator has a vital role in advancing CAm’s initiatives. Reporting to the Associate Director Strategic Engagement, the position provides support for a range of key activities aimed at increasing support to Cambridge and its constituent Colleges:
- On an ongoing basis, in close collaboration with the Associate Director, Strategic Engagement and CAm staff, assist in drafting, editing, producing, proofing, and tracking of appeals materials, and other key writing and or/data projects as assigned.
- Assist serving as “client” manager for select College partners and their projects.
- Become expert user of Basecamp tool for project management, and proficient user of Amicus (database) for alumni and prospect mailings.
- Assist with data manipulation to ensure accurate segmentation and treatment in mailings.
- Aid in appeal tracking, maintaining an archive of past projects, and coordination of materials with the stewardship team as needed.
- Participate in executing the annual appeals plan, assist in designing and implementing metrics and assessment to evaluate projects.
- Digital records maintenance including entering new contacts into database and confirming biographic, employment, education, and contact information
- Handle returned mail by processing records updates and tracking returns for constituent address management
- Bachelors or advanced degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in development or alumni relations, preferably at an institution of higher education.
- A high degree of professionalism, including the demonstrated ability to manage responsibilities with accountability, flexibility, integrity, tact, and positive approach.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. (Writing samples will be required; samples of previous projects are highly desired.)
- Results-oriented with a demonstrated ability for excellent project management from inception to completion and follow-up.
- Knowledge of advancement database applications. Proficient user of Excel, Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends for events.
- Eagerness and willingness to learn about annual giving practices, industry standards, and trends.
To apply for this job please visit www.idealist.org.