Annual Giving Engagement Officer
East Carolina UniversityGreenville, NC
Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the development professional’s primary responsibilities will focus on engagement of constituents by cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding annual giving-level donors, with particular focus on renewing previous year donors, especially those in the $100-$2,500 range, but up to $5,000. Using a suite of technological tools, the Officer will be responsible for developing personal relationships with an assigned portfolio of current and former annual giving donors that result in renewed or increased support of the university. Using email, social media, and video conferencing, the Officer will solicit for annual gifts. The Officer will also be responsible for outreach to donors who utilized the former phone program as their avenue to give, renewing these donors and potentially acquiring new donors through phone engagement.
In this role, the Officer will manage a portfolio of 1,000+ current, former, and prospective annual giving donors, cultivating relationships via email, phone, social media, video conferencing, texting, and other appropriate means of outreach. It will be expected for the Officer to perform and document a high volume of outbound touchpoints per day, using Moves management to advance donors in the giving cycle. Communication will be key in this position as the Officer seeks to demonstrate to donors the impact of their giving, provide information on university developments and programs relative to their interests, and share opportunities to attend upcoming events, volunteer, or participate in activities that will deepen their engagement with the university.
As a member of the Annual Giving team, the Officer will assist the Director in support of yearly fundraising goals, collaborate on strategic planning and the execution of a multi-year work plan for the Office of Annual Giving, consult with the Associate Vice Chancellor of Development on strategic action for donor next steps, and coordinate with Advancement Services and Gift Records for donor data purposes and gift integrity. He or she will help facilitate direct mail and email that runs concurrent with outreach in their purview so as to remain consistent with funding priorities, messaging, and current solicitation themes. Additionally, the Officer will provide general support to the Director to meet the Office of Annual Giving’s goals, objectives, and deadlines, and complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- The selected candidate will have a minimum of two years non-profit or fundraising experience, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated success in securing charitable contributions through direct solicitation; donor relations and stewardship experience.
- Demonstrated experience writing acknowledgements, cultivation, and other philanthropy copy.
- Candidate must have a proven ability to manage competing priorities while meeting internal and external deadlines, and possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Candidate must also possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of programs required.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
- Experience with CRM and other fundraising software preferred
Additional Instructions to Applicant:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
To apply for this job please visit ecu.peopleadmin.com.