Assistant Director of Giving
Eastern Virginia Medical SchoolNorfolk, VA
EVMS seeks a highly energetic professional to join an award-winning development team in the role of Assistant Director of Giving. Recognized as the area’s Outstanding Nonprofit Organization in 2014 by the Association of Fundraising Professionals Hampton Roads Chapter National Philanthropy Day event, EVMS has developed creative, resourceful and inspired campaigns, initiatives, projects and techniques that have grown and increased our fundraising infrastructure, program and results.
The Assistant Director of Giving will assist in identification and engagement of current, new, and/or unidentified constituencies, resulting in increased philanthropic revenue for the school and increased leadership-level annual giving contributions. The Assistant Director of Giving will coordinate initiatives with the Director of Annual Giving and the Director of Development Operations and other frontline fundraisers as needed. The position will include segmentation of multiple constituencies via direct mail, electronic appeals, phoning, donor segmentation & acquisition, donor qualification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, and will help identify qualified prospects for the major gifts program. This position’s development role will complement development efforts to a specific constituent group with an emphasis on building a strong donor pipeline.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in development/fundraising with a solid understanding of fundraising principles and methodologies is required. Experience in marketing and/or strong marketing and public relations skills with the goal of successfully soliciting gifts a plus. Experience in higher education or academic health center is preferred.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a strong customer/donor service approach.
- Excellent understanding of working with affluent individuals and use of good judgment.
- Ability to analyze, assimilate, handle, and interpret information and data and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, multi-task environment, with high personal motivation and excellent time management while being flexible and adaptable to change.
- Possess strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, diplomacy, tact, and self‐control with positive general attitude and professionalism.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, think proactively, problem‐solve, and innovate.
- Possess high attention to detail; organized and consistent accurate follow-up skills essential.
- Knowledge of moves management.
- Some evening and weekend work will be necessary
EVMS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
To apply for this job please visit careers-evms.icims.com.