Associate Director of Development and Alumni Relations
Framingham State UniversityFramingham, MA
General Statement of Duties:
This position is responsible for the cultivation of alumni and prospective donors through phone, email and social media channels. This engagement will assist donors in recognizing and maximizing their philanthropic potential and serves as a model for transitioning relationships from digital to face-to-face. Additionally, this position provides a point of contact for customer service tasks, creating the best possible donor and alumni experience.
As a primary point of contact with alumni, the Associate Director must be able to represent the University, the Foundation and the Alumni Association in a professional, enthusiastic manner with a customer service and team focus. This role requires delivering a personal touch with every engagement and providing concierge service to donors and prospective donors. Areas of focus will include communications and event support.
Examples of Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement a multi-channel communications approach across phone, email, video, social and direct mail to reach a broad base of alumni and potential donors daily.
- Use data to develop and execute strategies to connect with current and prospective donors.
- Enter updated biographical data and communications preferences learned through outreach in the relationship management database.
- Provide regular progress reports on alumni and prospected donor identification and qualification.
- Provide regular content for LinkedIn groups supported by the Office of Alumni Relations.
- Respond to requests for information on email and social media channels.
- Manage the Graduates of the Last Decade Program, engaging the University’s young alumni through events on and off campus, career services, networking opportunities and electronic and social media outreach.
- Support existing and new alumni engagement activities by identifying and securing speakers, volunteers and event participants; and attending events.
- Support department-wide projects, activities and events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of experience in alumni relations, development or a related field
- Ability to prioritize and organize complex projects and plans to deliver results
- Exceptional organizational skills including the demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple tasks while paying close attention to detail
- Demonstrated communications and interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on engaged listening and communicating across a diverse constituent base
- Ability to use creativity, initiative and independence in carrying out responsibilities
- Experience managing relationships and other fundamental elements of a donor relationship and/or sales related activities
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team and take the lead on certain projects
- Knowledge of social media and/or marketing
- Knowledge of fundraising and alumni relations in higher education
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge
This is a full-time, exempt, benefits-eligible position in the Association of Professional Administrators (APA) bargaining unit as Associate Director. The annual salary range is $58,000 to $61,500.
Framingham State University conducts criminal history and sexual offender record checks on recommended finalists prior to final employment for all positions.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit framingham.interviewexchange.com.