Director of Alumni Relations
Georgetown CollegeWashington, DC
Georgetown College invites applications for Director of Alumni Relations. Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Director of Alumni Relations will help advance the mission of Georgetown College by providing leadership and strategic direction for a comprehensive, vibrant and sustainable alumni engagement program. The Director is charged with working with the Advancement Team to actively involve alumni in the life of the college and develop meaningful relationships between the college and its graduates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Serve as College liaison to the Alumni Board and assist members with tasks.
- Work with the Regional Alumni Coordinator to organize Kentucky alumni events each year.
- Plan and implement alumni events throughout the year.
- Plan and coordinate all activities for Homecoming including Distinguished Alumni brunch.
- Coordinate Golden Agers events.
- Coordinate the annual senior gift project.
- Assist Admission Office, Calling & Career, and other departments on campus to identify alumni to attend events and/or speak to students.
- Post alumni/college information on alumni social media sites: Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Represent the College to alumni, parents and friends of the College.
- Plan and coordinate monthly alumni e-newsletter.
- Work closely with the Executive Director of Strategic Advancement Initiatives to coordinate alumni events involving the president.
- Develop and implement a plan to add a summer reunion program.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education and / or Experience — Master’s degree from a college or university; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Communications / Language — Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Public speaking skills are a necessity, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Mathematical — Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning — Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Computer Literacy / General Office Equipment — Intermediate computer literacy with experience in fundraising software like Raisers Edge necessary. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook.
Interested applicants may apply by following the link to upload a cover letter and resume. We would also like to request a writing sample that addresses the following question:
What do you see as the most significant trends in alumni engagement and in higher education right now?
To apply for this job please visit www.joblinkapply.com.