Associate Director of Annual Giving
Illinois Wesleyan UniversityBloomington, IL
The University’s Office for Advancement invites applications for the full-time, on-campus position of Associate Director of Annual Giving. This position supports the development, maintenance and growth of the Annual Giving Program utilizing a diverse channel of communications. The purpose of this work is to identify and implement creative solutions to increase alumni and constituent giving and participation.
- Develops, manages and coordinates a multi-channel approach to cultivation, solicitation, education and stewardship of all constituents.
- Lead all facets of the Student Call Center program:
- Create and implement exciting and innovative strategies to grow the Call Center volume.
- Set, monitor and report on goals for individuals, time periods and the overall program.
- Manage student employees
- Supports programmatic strategies within the Annual Giving Program:
- Provides leadership to auxiliary programs of the Annual Giving program such as Giving Circles, Matching Gifts program and Thank-A-Giver Day.
- Increase Leadership Giving prospects through management of Leadership Giving portfolios and programming.
- In partnership with all Advancement staff, serve as a leader in planning and implementation of University branded Giving Days and crowd fundraising events
- Analyze and report on data in regards to donor segmentation and progress toward goals
- Monitor and react to donor behaviors utilizing industry best practices.
- Maintain consistent segmentation of donors for the purposes of consistency and maintenance.
- Support ongoing data management and analysis including but not limited to pulling and auditing reports and statistics
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in advancement. Candidates with a track record of success in goal-oriented positions will be considered.
- Excellent communication skills–oral, written, and listening.
- Strong people and relationship-building skills with constituents from a variety of backgrounds and a range of generations.
- Travel as necessary to support events, programs and activities
- Valid US driver’s license.
Feel free to also include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. In addition to the aforementioned materials, applicants should provide a one-page statement describing their understanding of inclusion and how their experiences have prepared them to contribute to the IWU commitment of building a diverse and inclusive environment.
Review of complete applicant materials will begin immediately and the position is open until filled. The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University is strongly committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse, inclusive, and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to supporting and further building our community in these dimensions.
To apply for this job please visit www.iwu.edu.