Director of Annual Giving
Illinois Wesleyan UniversityBloomington, IL
The University’s Office for Advancement invites applications for the full-time, on-campus position of Director of Annual Giving. This position provides leadership and strategic direction for all aspects of annual giving to maintain a successful stream of projectable and predictable unrestricted giving in support of the university’s priorities. The Director will assist in the development and execute data-drive and evidence-based strategies to guide the overall direction for annual giving programs with a focus on engagement, donor retention strategies and cultivation of prospects.
- Establish and execute short and long-term strategies for annual giving efforts and build a multi-channel approach to completing goals; cultivate, solicit, educate and steward donors and constituents using direct mail, email, social media, giving days, volunteers and call center programs; lead All In for Wesleyan Giving Day efforts including managing committee(s), developing goals, creating timelines, marketing and other activities; oversee and direct strategy for alumni reunion program with alignment to annual giving goals.
- Manage and grow donor segmentation plans and communication strategies designed to grow the donor base; maintain production calendars for multiple annual giving campaigns; prepare and execute complex multi-channel communications ensuring segmentation, visual elements and branding.
- Direct and grow Annual Giving programs and develop innovative giving opportunities to meet philanthropic trends; develop, maintain and grow constituent based giving programs for alumni, parents and students; lead Reunion Programming, Young Alumni Programming, affinity group giving, parent board and parent advisory board;
- Collect and analyze data in partnership with Advancement Services to ensure strategic identification, qualification and cultivation activities for prospects; conduct statistical analysis of alumni and donor demographics and giving and make recommendations based on findings; work with Advancement Services to track metrics, assess trends, set strategies and ensure accurate coding and tracking of contributions; produce and distribute reports to measure the performance of Annual Giving communication, revenue and participation goals.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in fundraising, development or revenue generating industries
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred
- Excellent communication skills–oral, written, and listening.
- Strong people and relationship-building skills with constituents from a variety of backgrounds and a range of generations.
- Travel as necessary to support events, programs and activities
- Valid US driver’s license
Feel free to also include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. In addition to the aforementioned materials, applicants should provide a one-page statement describing their understanding of inclusion and how their experiences have prepared them to contribute to the IWU commitment of building a diverse and inclusive environment. Review of complete applicant materials will begin immediately and the position is open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.iwu.edu.