Associate Director of Annual Giving, Affinity Giving
Jefferson UniversityPhiladelphia, PA
Reporting to the Director of Affinity Giving, the Associate Director of Affinity Giving, works collaboratively with Jefferson University (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) and the Office of Institutional Advancement (OIA) team to create engagement and outreach programs that enhance the effectiveness of major gift and annual gift fundraising initiatives.
The Associate Director develops fundraising and engagement solicitations for all volunteer programs such Athletics, Student Programs, Parent Programs and other affinity campaigns to increase annual giving revenue and donor participation. Through extensive knowledge of constituent relations, programming/event management, and fundraising principles, and under the direction of the Director, the Associate Director applies creative and strategic thinking to planning and fundraising processes to increase student, alumni, and parent involvement and development.
- Develop volunteer solicitation strategies that align with alumni engagement programs with an aim to build relationships for affinity programs such as athletics, student giving, parent giving and other fundraising initiatives.
- Manage and coordinate the engagement and solicitation activities for affinity program volunteers such as student-athletes on behalf of Athletic Giving Day, Senior Class Gift program and more.
- In consultation the Director of Affinity Giving and other campus stakeholders, develop a multi-channel schedule of solicitations and communications which include direct mail, email, social media and indidivual donor outreach.
- Partner with Communications staff to develop content, collateral and other creative elements as needed for all personalized marketing.
- Collaborate with Thomas Jefferson University leaders such as Alumni Relations, Unit Development Officers, and deans to identify marketing opportunities.
- Produce and distribute reports needed in order for Institutional Advancement leadership to monitor and evaluate effectiveness of the program according to an agreed upon schedule.
- Conduct data cleansing and track program performance through reporting tools.
- Report to the Director of Affinity Giving within the Office of Institutional Advancement (OIA).
- Various other duties as assigned.
- Guided by Jefferson’s mission, organizational culture, values, and vision for the future, provide inspirational fundraising leadership through teamwork, collaboration, and loyalty.
Educational/ Training Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree required
2-3 years of professional experience in higher education fundraising or alumni relations.
- Demonstrated experience working with Student Affairs or Alumni Relations to raise private support or build volunteer programs.
- Demonstrated experience with and/or commitment to working effectively with parents, students, and alumni from diverse backgrounds, in support of an inclusive and welcoming environment.
- Strong organization, time management and collaboration skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel and willingness/availability to work some nights and weekends.
Conditions of Employment:
Covid Vaccination is a requirement for employment at Jefferson for employees working at Jefferson’s clinical entities or at the University. If you are not currently vaccinated you will be required to receive the vaccination prior to hire date if you are offered employment, unless you request and receive an approved medical or religious exemption from Jefferson.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.jefferson.edu.