Director of Foundation Relations
Long Island UniversityBrookville, NY
- Responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and management of a portfolio of foundation prospects.
- Responsible for producing grant proposals that generate $10M annually;
- Work with the Vice President for Advancement, the President’s Office, senior administration, deans, faculty, volunteer leadership and staff to develop and write proposals for specific research, programmatic, and capital funding needs and to manage overall foundation solicitation and stewardship efforts for assigned areas;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly progress report on foundation fundraising activities;
- Represent LIU at off-site presentations and meetings and travel as appropriate to meet with program officers and foundation leaders;
- Responsible for assisting the entire Advancement department to reach financial goals.
- Maintain a regular schedule of personal communication with prospects, arrange meetings, host site visits, and invite prospects to University events.
- Four-year college degree required; advanced degree preferred
Training, Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Five-to-ten years proven experience and a track record of success in soliciting major gift-level support from corporations and foundations at a college or university or other major nonprofit institution is required.
- Ability to be creative and innovative in researching prospects and cultivating relationships with prospective donors is required.
- Proven ability to meet fundraising goals with a strong track record in securing gifts and grants.
- Proven ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments.
- Outstanding communications skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to take information from many sources and distill it to core messages that are communicated to different audiences.
- Commitment to customer service, attention to detail, and organizational skills required.
- Passion and energy for contributing to the growth of LIU in a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to interact effectively with a broad range of constituents, providing strong support, inspiring faculty, foundation donors, lay leaders and others to act, and ensuring a rewarding experience.
- Knows how to navigate a complex institution to make the best match for donor interests.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.liu.edu.