Director, Information Technology Services
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyCambridge, MA
Director, Information Technology Services, Resource Development-Information Technology (RD-IT) Services, to direct the RD-IT Services team that supports MIT’s enterprise fund-raising systems and a variety of other connected systems, desktop applications, information resources, and desktop hardware and mobile devices. Will plan, create, and implement services and an infrastructure vision that ensures alignment of technology and support resources with the business objectives of Resource Development and MIT.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferably computer science/information technology;
- Seven years’ relevant experience;
- Five years’ experience supervising staff, setting goals, and managing performance;
- Three years’ project management and programming experience (e.g., scripting, SQL);
- Experience setting and implementing systems architecture strategy;
- Experience managing a full program lifecycle (requirements, scope, schedule, resources, testing, quality, release, costs, and changes) for infrastructure initiatives;
- Solid knowledge of database, web, and reporting applications; discretion with confidential information;
- Ability to develop an understanding of development operations, particularly the infrastructure supporting multiple disciplines from fund-raising to events management to alumni and donor relations and gift management;
- Understanding of infrastructure and security protocols to support a staff that travels internationally;
- Ability to approach tasks with an eye toward improved efficiency;
- Strong planning, organizational, problem-resolution, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues;
- Proficiency managing technology and software in an enterprise setting, including Macintosh computers, iOS devices, Windows-based file servers, two-factor authentication, MS Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint), cloud-based applications (e.g., Slack, Zoom, Dropbox, Google Suite) and other specialized applications for developers and designers;
- Experience collecting and analyzing business requirements.
- Experience managing enterprise-wide systems, security protocols, end-user support, training, and documentation.
Must be willing and able to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.