Director of Annual Giving
McDaniel CollegeWestminster, MD
Reporting to the AVP/Director of Development, the Director of Annual Giving oversees the design and execution of the College’s program to secure annual gifts from the College’s 23,000+ alumni and friends. The Director shall lead of team of individuals charged with creating strategies and execution of a dynamic program to cultivate, solicit, and steward donors to the Fund for McDaniel and shall work closely with the Executive Director of Engagement & Communications in determining such strategies. The Director shall be a key member of the AVP/Director of Development’s management team and shall serve as a mentor and coach to those with whom he/she leads. The Director shall work closely with the Alumni Engagement team and the Executive Director of Advancement Services in using technology, social media, and research to design strategies to build a dynamic program to increase giving at all levels.
- Supervise and mentor annual giving officers.
- Design and manage a dynamic, multidimensional annual giving program that utilizes a variety of mediums to communicate with and solicit current and potential donors.
- Assess all annual giving fund-raising, special campaigns, and intersection with reunion giving programs.
- Perform data analysis related to all aspects of the annual giving program and use that data to evaluate programs and provide insight for ongoing solicitations.
- Set goals for annual giving for annual, three-, and five-year increments.
- Work closely with the AVP/Director of Development to develop strategies for the solicitation and cultivation of major gift prospects.
- Develop and monitor budgets for cost centers reporting to this position.
- Support the overall goals of Advancement by helping events and activities of others in the department as the needs arise.
- Exhibit teamwork, a positive “can do attitude,” and self-confidence.
- Be flexible and available for evening, weekend or early morning events and meetings.
- Travel as necessary.
Completed applications must include a cover letter addressing position qualifications and related experience, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will be open until filled.
McDaniel College, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, and employment of students, faculty, and staff in the operation of any of its educational programs and activities. McDaniel College will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran’s status or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit mcdaniel.interviewexchange.com.