Assistant Director of Development
McIntire School of Commerce FoundationCharlottesville, VA
Reports to: Assistant Dean, Advancement
Supervises Directly: N/A
The McIntire School of Commerce Foundation at the University of Virginia seeks an Assistant Director of Development to join the School’s Advancement team. The Assistant Director is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting leadership level annual fund gifts of $2,500+ from alumni, parents, and friends of the McIntire School of Commerce. This position is also responsible for building a pipeline of new leadership level donors to the School.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying, cultivating, and soliciting philanthropic support by developing and maintaining relationships with assigned and new prospects and managing special projects.
- Conducting an average of 15-20 visits per month (combination of virtual and in-person) to current and prospective donors to the McIntire School of Commerce. Travel will be determined with supervisor based on portfolio development and overall team coverage.
- Visit preparation, including scheduling meetings and prospect research, and timely follow-up with each prospect.
- Promoting the McIntire Annual Fund as a crucial vehicle for private support to the McIntire School of Commerce.
- Following up with appropriate colleagues when major giving opportunities are identified.
- Responding to constituent and donor inquires in a timely, informative, and professional manner.
- Assisting with alumni and friend visits to the School and providing tours and other support as needed.
To fulfill the responsibilities associated with this position, the successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and previous fundraising, sales, marketing, or other relevant experience. Demonstrated success with individual solicitation in an education, nonprofit, or corporate setting is preferred. Organization, initiative, flexibility, superior communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and in coordination with colleagues are absolutely vital to success in this position. The proven ability to exercise discretion and good judgment; the ability to work well with a variety of diverse constituents; excellent written and verbal communication skills; and attention to detail are a must. An enthusiastic, positive, “hands-on, take charge” personality and open communication style are desired. Some evening and weekend work is expected.
Interested applicants should email resume and cover letter to Brandy Amos, Human Resources Coordinator, at email@example.com. The position is open until filled. The McIntire School of Commerce Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.commerce.virginia.edu.