Director of Annual Giving
Mercersburg AcademyMercersburg, PA
The Director of Annual Giving reports to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and manages a team of Annual Fund staff members. Primary responsibilities are to lead the Mercersburg Annual Fund, support its volunteers and solicit leadership gifts to the Annual Fund. In addition, this individual works closely with other key members of the Advancement and Alumni Relations staff to meet mutual goals.
- Leads a team to meet Mercersburg’s Annual Fund goals.
- Creates, monitors, and evaluates the annual plan, as well as short- and long-term goals.
- Provides status reports for internal and external distribution.
- Directs all staff activity relating to the Mercersburg Annual Fund.
- Develops direct mail, social media and digital solicitation plans.
- Secures annual gifts through personal solicitation and pledge fulfillment outreach.
- Assigns potential donors to appropriate staff and volunteer solicitors.
- Lead solicitation and outreach efforts for the William Mann Irvine Society (WMIS), the school’s annual leadership giving society.
- Provides direction and assistance for special programs such as phonathons, reunions, senior class gift, Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program (EITC), etc.
- Recruits, trains, and supports volunteers who demonstrate the interest, ability and commitment to advance the Mercersburg Annual Fund including; White Key giving committee, the Giving Committee of the Alumni Council, Class Agents, and Reunion Chairs.
- With support from the Chief Development Officer (CDO), create all marketing materials, appeal letters, online solicitations, pledge reminders, acknowledgement letters, etc.
- Implements appropriate donor recognition programs for young alumni and leadership donors to the Mercersburg Annual Fund.
- Writes for school publications to promote Annual Fund priorities.
- Supports activities, initiatives and events sponsored by the Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A disciplined, results-oriented, self-starter, demonstrating initiative and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Persuasive communication skills in writing, in-person, and over the telephone.
- Outstanding listening and analytical skills.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to be knowledgeable and articulate in stating Mercersburg Academy’s mission and vision, and the case for support of its priorities.
- Ability to appropriately manage highly confidential information.
- A creative, good-natured member of a team with demonstrated collaborative and proactive manners.
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Five years of demonstrated success as a program manager and fundraiser. Transferable experiences will be considered but preference will be given to candidates whose success in fundraising has been in project-oriented work and/or the education community.
- The energy and ability to travel regularly. Flexibility to work weekends, early mornings and evenings at various campus special events.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, internet, email, scheduling, and database software programs.)
To apply for this job please visit www.mercersburg.edu.