Director of Annual and Affinity Giving
Moravian CollegeBethlehem, PA
The Director of Annual and Affinity Giving is responsible for increasing annual philanthropic support for the annual funds of Moravian College and Theological Seminary, in addition to planning, guiding, and leading all annual and affinity giving efforts. This position serves as a key strategic and operational partner to the Leadership Gift Team and the Engagement Team to support philanthropic initiatives in all areas. This senior fundraising position works in coordination with the Vice President for Development & Alumni Engagement and the management team to ensure a balanced, comprehensive program of financial support.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and oversee immediate and long-range annual giving strategies, including giving day/week campaigns, that will meet or exceed established goals for unrestricted and restricted annual gifts and alumni participation, and build a pipeline for future support for the College, Graduate School, and Seminary. Conduct regular, detailed, statistical analysis of annual and affinity giving programs and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Develop and oversee a high-performing, high-engagement peer solicitor network consisting of reunion classes, giving societies, affinity, athletics, and leadership committees.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of 100 assigned annual giving prospects while actively recruiting volunteers for society and council leadership.
- Develop and implement strategies for retention and growth of the Comenius Society, Bahnson Society (Seminary), and Consistent Donor Society membership.
- Provide strategic guidance and support to the Student Philanthropy staff and their work on undergraduate and student affinity group fundraising and special programs.
- Lead and execute a best in class, multi-channel direct marketing program utilizing third-party providers and industry best practices.
- Provide advice and analysis to colleagues, the Executive Director of Development, and the Vice President for Development and Alumni Engagement regarding all annual giving programs, including making presentations to various constituent groups including Trustees and volunteer leadership.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Development or his/her designee.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution and 5+ years of experience working in higher education fundraising administration or a complex metric-driven operation; or the equivalent.
- Experience developing and leading volunteer networks with accountability and success metrics.
- Experience in developing annual giving, marketing, or communications strategies.
- Technologically adept and curious regarding new applications and systems that will improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple high-level projects with competing interests while building consensus and meeting expectations.
- Must be an independent decision-maker, energetic, organized, forward-thinking, and creative with the ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
- Broad knowledge of all communications channels and experience with online media platforms and giving/engagement sites.
- The position demands strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability and desire to work closely with all constituencies of the College and Seminary.
- Willingness to travel and give necessary time beyond a normal workweek.
To apply for this job please visit www.moravian.edu.