Associate Director of Annual Giving
Polytechnic SchoolPasadena, CA
Polytechnic School seeks an energetic, detail-oriented, and creative individual to join the Advancement team. Our ideal candidate will be excited to collaborate with colleagues in achieving the goals and objectives of the Advancement team and in turn Polytechnic’s mission.
As an integral member of the annual giving team and reporting to the Director of Individual Giving, responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Collaborate with the Director of the Poly Fund to create and implement an enhanced and thriving annual giving program plan.
- Coordinate Poly Fund events, with primary focus on constituent needs through the creation of invitations and management of attendance, as well as post-event database record keeping.
- Serve as the point person for a diverse set of Poly Fund volunteer committees consisting of parents, alumni, parents of alumni, grandparents, current and former faculty/staff, and friends.
- Identify, retain, educate, and evaluate current and potential volunteers.
- Assist with production of Poly Fund communication pieces including: solicitations, volunteer updates, volunteer training tools, thank-you cards, stewardship pieces, videos, and presentations.
- Produce solicitation lists and reports with the support of Advancement Services, including volunteer lists, fundraising reports, and LYBUNT lists.
- Manage phonathons including drafting of scripts, recruiting and training callers, and producing materials.
- Partner with Advancement Service in the collection of data and prospect research by providing demographics updates from volunteer outreach, and completing actions or contact reports in Raiser’s Edge.
- Attend daytime and evening events annually including: donor stewardship dinners, phonathons, volunteer trainings, as well as other school functions while tending to the stewardship of volunteers and potential donors.
- Assist the Director of the Poly Fund and Director of Individual Giving in other initiatives as needed.
- Participate in school-wide opportunities available on campus when requested and as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- 3 years of experience in annual giving and/or advancement
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Courteous and adaptable to varied social settings
- Positive, energetic, and team-oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines within the context of a complex calendar
- Excellent responsiveness to all constituencies
- Ability to deal diplomatically and comfortably with a diverse community including parents, students, alumni, parents of alumni, grandparents, trustees, and faculty/staff
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal skills
- High degree of organization and effectiveness at multitasking
- Knowledge and practical experience with communication platforms: solicitations, newsletters, electronic communications
- Computer fluency (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, at a minimum)–strong familiarity with website interface and/or Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge preferred
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Work in an environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines, as well as a diverse array of contacts.
- Work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Work primarily in a traditional climate-controlled classroom environment.
- Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold.
Salary: Polytechnic School is committed to attracting and retaining talented, dedicated employees through a competitive compensation plan that is commensurate with experience.
Benefits: A full benefits package includes outstanding medical, dental, and vision coverage and a very competitive 403 (b) retirement plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, Poly will recruit, hire, train, and promote faculty and staff without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation (including heterosexuality, homosexuality and bisexuality), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition and physical or mental disability (whether perceived or actual), or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. School policy also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.