Assistant Director Annual Giving
Regis UniversityDenver, CO
Job Summary: The Assistant Director of Annual Giving reports directly to the Director of Annual Giving. With oversight from the Director, the Assistant Director will coordinate a year-round acquisition and cultivation program utilizing direct mail and online donor acquisition and retention activities to increase giving among alumni, parents, friends, students, faculty, and staff.
The Assistant Director will be responsible for the overall management of the university’s crowdfunding program and student philanthropy program. The Assistant Director will also play a large role in the development and execution of Regis University’s annual Day of Giving (Regis Gives Day) and will serve as a liaison to Athletics assisting in the execution of an athletics annual giving solicitation calendar.
Key attributes of a successful Assistant Director include: excellent program management skills; commitment to reach and surpass ambitious goals; impeccable organization and project management; exceptional relationship-building with the University’s diverse student and alumni network; a facility with technology and software platforms; skills in data analytics; and a belief in and ability to articulate Regis’ mission and the importance of annual giving. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Working at Regis University: As Regis employees, we each have a responsibility to perform our work in alignment with the mission of the University, especially with its Catholic and Jesuit values. All employees are expected to both contribute to and strengthen the university’s culture of respect, inclusion and equity for all members of our community.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit a resume, cover letter and list of references with your application. Current employees, please submit an application by logging into Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and access the internal site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Solicitation and Program Management:
- Oversees management of Regis University’s crowdfunding program and assists the Director with oversight of Regis University’s annual day of giving (Regis Gives Day)
- Works collaboratively with departments across campus to develop and execute targeted fundraising campaigns with goals of $10,000 and under
- Works with crowdfunding leaders to set realistic project goals, create marketing materials, and execute stewardship initiatives
- In conjunction with the Director and an external vendor, maintains and updates the crowdfunding website and giving day website to reflect current Annual Giving priorities and campaigns
- Works collaboratively with the Director and the Major Gifts team to secure matching funds for Regis Gives Day projects
- Develops a robust student philanthropy program to educate and inspire both traditional and nontraditional Regis students to give back to the University.
- Independently recruits, trains, and oversees the creation of a student philanthropy council consisting of current Regis student volunteers who will be tasked with planning events and completing peer-to-peer solicitations of current Regis students.
- Works with the student philanthropy council, Office of Alumni Engagement, and the Assistant Director of Stewardship to plan a minimum of 4-5 yearly educational and fundraising events for students including event logistics, vendor coordination, marketing/advertising, and volunteer recruitment.
- Works with the Director and Advancement Services team to manage reporting and tracking of student gifts to ensure program goals are met.
- Serve as the Annual Giving liaison to Athletics and assists the department in annual giving strategy and donor stewardship
- Assists Athletics Advancement staff in executing email, text, phone, social media, and direct mail appeals for the Blue & Gold program
- Works closely with individual coaches and the Assistant Vice President of Athletics to establish goals and execute a yearly athletics crowdfunding campaign.
Marketing & Communication:
- Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Assistant Director will assist in planning and implementing a multi-channel marketing and communication plan to secure over $3M in annual gift revenue with at least $2M in unrestricted support.
- Assists in writing annual giving email, direct mail, social media, and text solicitations and stewardship
- Manages, updates, and creates strategy for use of digital fundraising software including Give Campus, Thankview, Hustle, and Double the Donation, among others.
- Works closely with internal and external vendors that perform annual giving services for Regis, including direct mail printers, designers, writers, etc.
- Establishes, tracks, and analyzes data results and outcomes of all marketing and solicitation efforts to measure success and make decisions to improve messaging to maximize donations.
- Assists in developing new and creative strategies to improve annual giving acquisition and retention of donors
- Assists in conducting on-going market research to identify and implement the appropriate approach to marketing annual support programs and Regis giving opportunities.
University Citizenship: Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all central and unit-based advancement functions and campus colleagues to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative fundraising practices.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communications
- Excellent organizational, time management, and analytical skills to complete work with accuracy and with a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and self-motivator.
- Exceptionally high level of customer service and relationship-building skills.
- Adept at using judgment and discretion in situations that that require sensitivity and tact
- Ability to work within specific deadlines, prioritize, and execute multiple tasks.
- Comfort with technology and utilizing digital marketing/fundraising strategies
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and creatively in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of paid fundraising or nonprofit experience (may include phonathon or student fundraising experience)
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated success in raising annual and/or major gifts in a complex organization
- Proven ability to organize and manage programs
- Experience working in a University setting
- Familiarity with Colleague or other fundraising CRMs
- Experience working with paid vendors and utilizing fundraising software such as crowdfunding platforms, text to give, and matching gift software
Since 1877, Regis University has been using our Jesuit background to provide an education for men and women of all ages and faiths and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Inspired by St. Ignatius Loyola, the mission of Regis University is to educate men and women of all ages to make a positive impact in a rapidly-changing global society. We encourage our students to seek truth, live purposeful lives, and continually examine and attempt to answer the question: “How ought we to live?” Regis University’s Northwest Campus is the main campus and administrative hub, located in Denver, Colorado. Regis University has three additional campuses in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Thornton, Colorado and the Denver Tech Center, as well as distance learning initiatives.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.